• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody here aquanted with Acronis True Image 8.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cadmium77

Registered
I've just purchased a second Maxtor 250 gig Hard Drive in a removable case and drawer and I'm about to use Acronis True Image 8.0 to back up my system.

I'll have some questions on this since this is the first time I've used Acronis. Any ideas or suggestions outside my own questions will be greatly appreciated.

1. Will I be able to still use my second (G) Drive after I've fully backed up a complete image of my (C) Drive (a 200 gig Hard Drive), for additional storage of data? Will the G drive have to be partitioned to allow it to be given this dual use as backup and additional storage space for data?

2.Or will the G drive have to be removed once I've backed up my C drive onto it to keep the two identical systems from competing with one another and crashing my computer?

Yes, I'm a terrible noob at this.

Like I said, any info or suggestions/tutorials on this will be greatly appreciated .

yes im aquainted with acronis.. its the best backup utility available :D

all you have to do is use the program to create a backup image of your current hard drive. Than you can store that image on your storage drive for later use. You will still be able to use both hdd's at any time.

give me a sec, i gotta reinstall acronis :D just to be totally certian :D i havent used it in like 5 months.........

ok edit*

EDIT*

ok after reinstalling Acronis again.. just to make sure i was correct.. You would want to use the "Backup" option and than it will bring up a menu and you would want to choose "Backup Entire Disk or Single Partition" check the disk and or partition you want to backup, name the .tib backup file to your liking. Than follow the instructions and so on. Save it to you hdd or even a dvd :D

You can set the options that allow you to break up the size of the file into 4.7gb sets to burn them to dvd's, and also allow you to set backup priority and of course compression from small to max and so fourth.

Last edited:
Fr3@k3r said:
yes im aquainted with acronis.. its the best backup utility available :D

all you have to do is use the program to create a backup image of your current hard drive. Than you can store that image on your storage drive for later use. You will still be able to use both hdd's at any time.

give me a sec, i gotta reinstall acronis :D just to be totally certian :D i havent used it in like 5 months.........

ok edit*

EDIT*

ok after reinstalling Acronis again.. just to make sure i was correct.. You would want to use the "Backup" option and than it will bring up a menu and you would want to choose "Backup Entire Disk or Single Partition" check the disk and or partition you want to backup, name the .tib backup file to your liking. Than follow the instructions and so on. Save it to you hdd or even a dvd :D

You can set the options that allow you to break up the size of the file into 4.7gb sets to burn them to dvd's, and also allow you to set backup priority and of course compression from small to max and so fourth.

Cool...thanks, And then I create a boot disk that will allow me to access the backed up .tib file in the event of an emergency?

Back