• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

being sure about CAS latency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

how can i be sure my memory is running in CAS latency 2?
into the chip settings the option to read from SPD is enabled then some other settings cant be changed, like the CAS latency - but it shows 2: does that mean its working in 2T?

You can download this to check in windows. It also has a lot more info that might be of some use to you. The utility is called CTSPD.

WyrmMaster said:
Sandra will also tell you CAS settings, along with almost everything else you ever wanted to know.
i use sandra but couldnt find where it says the CAS latency memory is working. if i do run the mainboaard info module it will report the memory stock settings but as far as i noticed not the operating settings. am i right or im missing something with sandra?

i tried CTSPD but it gives me the following message "at least on DIMM with wrong or missing DIMM found" and opens with everything blank, no info..

:mad: :mad: :mad:
my ram!
is there another one i can try out?

WyrmMaster said:
Just use sandra.

wyrmmaster, im not sure but i strongly beleive that report in sandra relates the stock settings for the memories, not the actual ones or the settings the memory is running. i made tests modifying CAS latency and that same report line changed nothing running the memory in 2T and 3T.

No, in my bios i have my timings set to 2-2-2 like sandra says. If i set them to 2-2.5-2 sandra relfects this change.

Is there an app that can tell me if ram is ECC or not? I don't need a report of what BIOS says, but what the stick says.

I notices in sandra soft that on a cl2 pc2100 it said maxium memory 512mb of ram... is this normal? or does it say that to everyone?

Back