• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

paypal shipping quesiton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

hey i just sold something for $325 and to avoid being rip off by paypal, i should ship with tracking number and signature confirmation?

you won't get rid by pp, you might get rid by the buyer. and yes, tracking # and signature are a good idea.

adriana said:
hm what if i dont have Seller protection policy? can i still get rip by buyer.

Yeah he can say it never showed up... in any case if a buyer uses a credit card for payment through PayPal he can do a stop payment and you dont get anything.

i got it in paypal funds. so he can still claim he didnt get it and win? even if i have tracking number and signature confirmation but no seller protection policy?

tracking # and signature plus paypal funds means he has to start a case against you, meaning you'll have a say. with cc, there's not much you could have done, with pp funds it's more secure.

As long as you have a tracking # and it is sent to his PayPal Verified address, you are covered. If they do not have a Verified addy or if they want you to ship elsewhere, send them packing.

As long as you follow that, you're safe.

I've had a 2 guys file disputes against me in the past 5 years or so and though it did tie my PayPal account up (well those funds anyway) for 3-4 months, in the end I had my tracking # to their Verified addy so after the investigation, the money was taken off hold. It's a hassle but read and follow PayPal's rules ot the letter and you're protected.

yikes paypal is scary. i have the nokia 8800 which i want to sell(600-800) or so but im scared of CC reversal and others stuff like that

Back