• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicklgs

Hey,

I have a water cooling kit now and its not working to good souled i get a new one? the temps are jumping up and down all the times even at idle, I'm in to high end gaming and doing other stuff and i need something that will keep it cooler then what i got now, so I'm going to put it in my HTPC and buy a new one what parts souled i get? I'm limited in space in my case. I have a Opteron 165 S939 and a 7800GT PCIE and if i could i would like to cool my hard drive. Also i was looking at the pump prices and they are little high is there any others ones? I have a budget of about $120-140.

Thanks

unless you get it used, you arent going to get much for $120-140. stick with what you have until you get a budget of around $250.

and hard drive cooling is a waste unless you have a 10k drive. It does not improve performance and a fan should suffice.

and i see from your sig, your idle is 28, load is 34. those seem like great temps to me. why do you want to get better cooling than than?

Last edited:
not too sure what you can do to cool your processor and video card for about 140 bucks, i guess for your price range the best thing to do would be to pick up a kit like a thermaltake Big Water SE although i highly recommend puttting your own kit together rather than try another all in one kit.

Aidenswarrior said:
unless you get it used, you arent going to get much for $120-140. stick with what you have until you get a budget of around $250.

and hard drive cooling is a waste unless you have a 10k drive. It does not improve performance and a fan should suffice.

and i see from your sig, your idle is 28, load is 34. those seem like great temps to me. why do you want to get better cooling than than?

I forgot to update it its really 41c idle to 62c load. I can get $200 that help any thing?

Watercooling for an HTPC is pretty difficult.. unless you go external.

Are you using the GPU block in your loop? Thats way too much heatload for your CPU and graphics card.. just moving one of the two to air cooling would probably net you far better temps on its own.

Back