• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T Line placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perfectturmoil

Just a last minute check here:

A T Line only has to be LOCALLY the highest point, correct? I have a radiator at the tippity top of my case.. and my T Line will be at the bottom, but will extend pretty high, but won't be all the way to the top of the case.

This won't be a problem, correct? Just want to be sure :- ]

I think he is asking more about the placement height, not location. I would think what you are suggesting would work though. Eventually all the air will be pushed around and make its way to the top of the T-Line.

Doesn't matter where it's located as far as height is concerned. The air bubbles will still be removed.

I've had my T lines placed in various places in several different cases and configurations. The air bubbles still came out. :)

Nebulous said:
Doesn't matter where it's located as far as height is concerned. The air bubbles will still be removed.

I've had my T lines placed in various places in several different cases and configurations. The air bubbles still came out. :)

Great. Just has to point up, correct :- ]

I've tried both what you suggest doing and having the T line at the tippety top. Both ways the system bled fine, but it went MUCH faster having the T line at the top. If you have finalized your setup then leave it as is. If you can change it, I would.

Good luck.

Rev said:
...If you can change it, I would...

Can't :- [

Seriously, there is NO ABSOLUTELY ZERO NOT A BIT of room at the top of the case. The PS is at the back, and practically right up against it is the radiator assembly, and right up against THAT is the cd rom drives.. I actually have to cut some of the shroud away so that the molex can actually plug in...

Normal sized cases are lame.

well... once you have the air out of your system, the T line wont really matter will it? Isnt the main reason for trying to have your T line on the "top" is so when you are filling it you can get the water to the rest of the loop? Water will always rest at the lowest point it can reach first, so it wouldnt be good to have the T line on the bottom for filling. Once it is closed the only thing that matters is that the T line is aiming up, because the water is pushing the air up and the air will eventually end up floating up the T line.

Back