• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Set-Up :) dial up beware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

Here are some pics of my watercooling setup. Lemmie know what you think about it.

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

I havent really run it all that long just yet, because I was leak testing it for a bit, but when I did have it running, my cpu was at 33 under a load. That was stock with now overclock though. I have a WW block, a Dtek Pro 120 radiator, and a Viaaqua 1300 pump. I ordered a fill port so i can do a T-Line instead of having a resevoir.

Ambient is about 68 degrees F. I am still kinda worried about leaks... It is still moist by the middle barb. I am going to take it apart tomorrow and drain the fluid out and put it back on air momentarily till I get my fill port. I dont know if I want to keep the radiator where it is, chop out my hdd cage, or just mount the radiator on the top of the case...

Rysjimmy1994 said:
Ambient is about 68 degrees F. I am still kinda worried about leaks... It is still moist by the middle barb. I am going to take it apart tomorrow and drain the fluid out and put it back on air momentarily till I get my fill port. I dont know if I want to keep the radiator where it is, chop out my hdd cage, or just mount the radiator on the top of the case...

Be carefull with those leaks, leak test over printed paper or something so if it drips you will see the dye run. I would grab a BI series rad if your gonna hang it off the case like that, maybe put the fan on the inside if you can.

And I was close on the specs. :beer:

Nice setup! It looks like your tubing is kinking at your waterblock; take a look at that.

-GearShift3r

Yea, he has his Y adapter too close. Need alittle bit more tubing there. I have the same waterblock, and enjoy it very much. Usually get around 33-35 load, 37-38 if im doing a burn-in.

I will put the fan on the inside... thats a good idea. Also there are a couple kinks, but I am going to rework the tubing anyhow after i get some coolsleeves. I didnt know how far I should put the tubing away from the bards on the water block so I put them there. Thanks for the suggestions and keep em coming if you can... Also I dont have anything except for my PSU in there in terms of wiring so it is going to be clean. I hope I can keep it that clean when I rewire it! One question though why would a BIX be any different then my radiator? Is it stronger?

Last edited:
I wont even get into this because everytime I rip something like this apart, someone gets ****ed. It is apparent that you are either not interested in max-performance, uneducated or just ignorant. Just for looks, everything goes, and once again, nobody notices the shortcomeings.

Senater_Cache said:
I wont even get into this because everytime I rip something like this apart, someone gets ****ed. It is apparent that you are either not interested in max-performance, uneducated or just ignorant. Just for looks, everything goes, and once again, nobody notices the shortcomeings.
I'm Here to learn so tear it apart. If ya **** me off, I'll let ya know. The bottom line is whatever you have to say is just simply your opinion. So let me know what your opinion is! I am interested in maximuim cooling performance with the hardware that I have. This is my first watercooling rig, so any and all information would be helpful. I am back on air now for the time being anyhow so now is the time to offer suggestions before i put it back together this weekend. Also, should I switch to 3/4 OD by 1/2 ID or stay with 5/8 OD by 1/2 ID for my tubing?

Last edited:
get 3/4 OD tubing which will take care of the very serious kinking you have everywhere.
Turn your rad around instead of making th etubing curve out of the case towards and around the rad. Remove the 90 degree angle at th epump outlet (why have one there if everywhere else you are bending your tubing in huge radii.?) What are the tubes leading to towards th etop of the case? if res, move closer to the pump. Turn your pump onto its BACKSIDE (inlet facing up , outlet facing left. ) Use th eleast tubing possible. Oh and also, you are supporting your Rad with 2 rods only?....just doesnt looks afe / stable.

Senater_Cache said:
get 3/4 OD tubing which will take care of the very serious kinking you have everywhere.
Turn your rad around instead of making th etubing curve out of the case towards and around the rad. Remove the 90 degree angle at th epump outlet (why have one there if everywhere else you are bending your tubing in huge radii.?) What are the tubes leading to towards th etop of the case? if res, move closer to the pump. Turn your pump onto its BACKSIDE (inlet facing up , outlet facing left. ) Use th eleast tubing possible. Oh and also, you are supporting your Rad with 2 rods only?....just doesnt looks afe / stable.

Thanks for the advice you didnt **** me off to much :). I will get more bolts this weekend. I was planning on getting some 3/4 also because of all the kinks. and as for the tubeing going upward, It is going to a res. and that is going to get replaced by a t-line once the parts come in.

Back