• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How tight is too tight?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myndlessdayz

I want to know how much I should tighten a block down? I noticed that when I tighten it drops the temps but my video card's overclocks drop, I loosen it and the temp raises but my OCs are better. :shrug: I'm not good at judging percentages with my eye (the installation guide on the DD site state that it should be at 60% compression after 48 hours)

Tighten that baby down HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD. I got a 20 degree temp change just by tightening my block hard.

When you start to feel nervous about tightening it anymore. LOL

Seruiously good and snug is fine. Remember your are mounting a WB not bolting a V8 down on it's engine mounts.

Ideally you do not want to keep tightening and loosening by doing so you first squeeze out the TIM and then when you back it off you lose contact with the core. I would pull it off at this point and start over.

lol speaking of bending the board have any of you ever seent he P4 coolers they warp the mobo like a mofo I havent seen a single one that hasnt warped the mobo.

Yeah, if you cracked the core (or motherboard), just a little less tight than that... :)

Can't help but laugh at some of the posts in this thread.

Back