• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Cooling Set-up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterG

Well I made this post like a month ago, but I've done a lot since then so I decided to go with a fresh start. I'll be ready to order in the next few days when my video card finally sells. So here's the set up I have in mind.

Danger Den D5
BIX III
Single 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir
Danger Den RBX Athlon 64
Danger Den MAZE4 Chipset Block
Danger Den Acetal MAZE4 GPU
12ft. ClearFlex 60 1/2" Tubing
16 1/2" Black Plastic Snap Tubing Clamps
Royal Purple Ice Radiator Super Coolant

Any suggestions or comments on this configuration would be appreciated. Thanks.

Now for my specific questions:

1. Which way does the fluid flow through the D5 Pump? In the side and out the top or the other way around?

2. I'm planning on using 3 Evercool 80CFM fans to pull air through the BIX III. Is this enough airflow? Also, I am mounting the BIX III at the top of the case, should I still be pulling air in from the outside or should I be blowing it out the top? How is this going to affect cooling performance?

3. I plan to go Pump > BIX III > GPU > Chipset > CPU > Reservoir > Pump. Thoughts? I thought it would be good to have the split flow from the RBX going into two seperate ports on the reservoir.

4. Should I even bother with the RBX and just get the TDX instead?

5. ClearFlex 60? I know absolutely nothing about it. Is this good tubing? I heard it was comparable to Tygon tubing so I assume that means it's pretty good.

6. I have Artic Silver 5, should I swap it out for some Ceramique? I've heard some reports that it is way better. Thoughts?

That's all for now although I will have more. Thanks for your help.

In my personal experience reservoirs have sucked, so maybe you could consider a T-Line. You can get a T fitting and a cap for about $2 at Lowes. As for a CPU block, id go with a Swiffy Storm over anything its totally worth the money. Chipset blocks arent really needed, they dont give much of a performance increase and restrict flow. You dont really need that coolant, some distilled water and anti-freeze should get the job done. Other than that it looks good hope you enjoy your system and remember to post pictures when you get it.

Nice setup. The RBX is slightly better then the TDX, all you need is just a Y fitting and you're set. Those Evercool fans are not bad, but people tend to recommend 120 x 38mm fans with more pressure like sanyo denkis and panaflos for a BIXIII.

Well it looks like I'm going to have to make a slight change. That BIX III isn't going to fit in the case unless I get rid of my HDTV tuner. I might have to go with the BIX II instead although since I don't use the tuner all that much, I might just get rid of it and keep the BIX III.

I'll check out those Sunons you mentioned.

Another thing I thought of, should I get the accelerator nozzle with the RBX?

Back