• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External Reservoir mounting....suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bugsmasher

Well, I should finally get the last tool needed to finish my home made reservoir. I have to kick in here it looks great ;)

Its basically an acrylic tube 3"ID-3-1/2"OD X 12 inches long with a standard ABS (nearly pvc like but black) on the bottom and a black ABS threaded cap with plug on the top. I am waiting on the 9/16" drill bit to arrive (amazing how hard these are to find actually with a 3/8" stepdown shank for use in normal drills). Once thats done I will be ready.

Question- Considering I have access to normal house hold tools but not to a full shop I need to come up with a way to mount this to the back of my computer. I would prefer to avoid it looking too ghetto ;)

Dimensions: Diameter - 4" for the ABS caps, 3-1/2" for the Acrylic tube
Length - 14" overall

I was thinking of trying to find a mount for a fire extinguisher but havent had any luck....apparently you have to buy the fire extinguisher as well ;)

Any suggestions on how to mount the above tube reservior to the back of a case?

Zip ties? ;)

Actually, I don't see anything wrong with zip ties, but you may consider that ghetto, I dunno. Good luck!

Go to home depot or Lowes and ask for a 3 inch mineralac pipe strap it looks something like this ,its made for electrical conduit, that might work for you.

tRmedic21 - Zip ties are great! Its just for this reservoir I need about a 1-2" standoff between the res and the back of the case to allow easy installation of the wormgear clamps I will use for the inlet/outlet barbs.

crusinmitsu - Those look great but I have to admit to a little confusion. The linked pic looks almost like its for 1/2" diameter tubing. If this is available for a 3 to 3-1/2" tubing however that will definitely fit the bill. I will be headed to Lowes/HD at lunch to check this out.

Thanks to both of you!

***EDIT***
crusinmitsu - I found the 3 to 3-1/2" one hole and two hole clamps you were referring to. Will be checking em out. Thanks again

Last edited:
Back