• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best water cooling kit? [No Budget]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ya if you are goin pure performence you got to cherry-pick your parts and go DIYyou got to invest some more time learning and using your head but you get way better results for the same cost if not less...

Tekko said:
ya if you are goin pure performence you got to cherry-pick your parts and go DIYyou got to invest some more time learning and using your head but you get way better results for the same cost if not less...
If not get the Swiftech kit with the Apogee block, it has some of the best parts.

I know you guys will laugh. I realize the company I am keeping in this forum. I'll tell you about it and then I will tell you what is is.

Stock cooling CPU temp with no OC and little or no load was about 125F. Under load about 145F. 3.4Ghz clocked to over 3.9 about 140 idle, hit warning temps at load.

Water cooled and OC'ed at idle 89-93F, loaded 115-120F I can OC higher but I haven't found a solution for the PMW's just yet.

System: Evercool WC-202. Price 69 bucks complete kit with socket 775 waterblock mounting hardware.

The best kit currently on the market is called "DIY" :)
I like to call it a "Do it yourself" jobber. Read my article on the OCForums homepage: http://www.overclockers.com/tips1222/

IMO, the key words that you offered us in this post were "No Budget". With that being said I would definitely like to see you customize your setup for the best components rather than buying a lower end kit setup. However, if you completely have your heart set on buying a kit, my only recommendation besides high end air cooling would be the Swiftech Apex H20 Premium or Ultra Kit. It comes with the D5/MCP/Laing(same model) Pump and the Apogee waterblock. Good luck with your water cooling adventures.

Dom

dominick32 said:
The best kit currently on the market is called "DIY" :)
I like to call it a "Do it yourself" jobber. Read my article on the OCForums homepage: http://www.overclockers.com/tips1222/

IMO, the key words that you offered us in this post were "No Budget". With that being said I would definitely like to see you customize your setup for the best components rather than buying a lower end kit setup. However, if you completely have your heart set on buying a kit, my only recommendation besides high end air cooling would be the Swiftech Apex H20 Premium or Ultra Kit. It comes with the D5/MCP/Laing(same model) Pump and the Apogee waterblock. Good luck with your water cooling adventures.

Dom
I see what your saying, if I am going to read up, and DIY, then what would you say are the BEST parts, being that there is no budget, im not looking for cost-effective, im looking for the best.

BenNStevenson said:
I see what your saying, if I am going to read up, and DIY, then what would you say are the BEST parts, being that there is no budget, im not looking for cost-effective, im looking for the best.

There are going to be a lot of different responses on this. I will let the rest of the crowd chime in on the best parts that money can buy. Read up on my article, I chose those parts for my own reasons and budget.

Good luck.

Dom

dominick32 is right... if you have a large case like the UFO which has tons of rooom the yea you could go all out and fit 1 3x120mm rad and i believe 1 2x120mm rad. this would be killer and you could undervolt the fans.
what you need to have is
1) what case am i using for my wcing setup?
2) do/will i need dual pump setup in case one pump fails?
3) are you cooling 2 cpus or 2 dual core cpus?
4) single video card or SLI?
5) chipset cooling?

Here's my list:
CPU block: Swiftech Storm
Pump: MCP655 or Danger Den D5 (same pump)
radiator: BIPII with low CFM fans or BIXII with 120x 38mm fans (Sanyo Denki)
GPU block: Maze 4 or Silverprop Cyclone FusionHL or the low profile versions of each if you are doing sli
Chipset: not needed, but Silverprop Nexus is the best
reservoir: not really need, tline will be fine
tubing: Tygon 1/2" or 7/16"

The parts I used in my water cooling are;

Iwaki 30Z pump
Storm Cpu block
Maze 4 Gpu
4 heatercores 6"x7"
400 CFM 53V blower
and a custom res

Maybe it's a better option to wait for the $300 ~ OCZ Phase change unit and see how that goes? you'd end up spending that on water anyway.

Just a thought!

Webzta said:
Maybe it's a better option to wait for the $300 ~ OCZ Phase change unit and see how that goes? you'd end up spending that on water anyway.

Just a thought!

Or if "No budget" really is taken to the max. Why not buy a Vapochill Lightspeed for the CPU and a small water loop dedicated to the GPU? :)

For the record, I am ordering a Black Aluminum Lightspeed any day now. My water components are going up for sale.

Dom

Back