• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI SLI-DR Northbridge WCing...I might have found one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JenBell

Hello People,

Ok so I have been thinking for ages of upgrading my WCing setup as I think its just crap compared to the rest of the system, also the case is crap as well so I was thinking along these lines:

I will most likely get the swiftech ultra kit, has everything I want in one package (sorry for being lazy).

The think is that whenever I OC the northbridge or mobo chipset temps go way high so I want to WC this as well. I have managed to find one thing that might do it. I have pasted the link below.

Has anyone used one of these on a DFI SLI-DR. I am running a SLI setup, does it clear the GPUs?

I really need ur help with this. My shopping list is almost complete but need to get this thing sorted.

http://www.alphacool.de/xt/product_info.php?products_id=3546&cPath=5_18_21

Thank u people :eh?:

It looks promising but i dont think it will. i have the same board with 2 7800gtxs and they come pretty close to those sata connection. There not on top of them but there damn tight. I dont think the tubing will clear.

[EDIT]
Unless you can put the tubing towards the mem like in the picture. It may work then.

swiftech has a new NB water block. mcp30 i think its called. looks like it will work with most sli set ups.

link

think i may try one on a asus one day...

The alphacool block is too restrictive... I can call him flow-killer.

The Swiftech MCW30 is not compatible with the most popular DFI NF4 SLI-DR.

For me, the swiftech hasn't made yet good chipset block.

JenBell said:
Hello People,

Ok so I have been thinking for ages of upgrading my WCing setup as I think its just crap compared to the rest of the system, also the case is crap as well so I was thinking along these lines:

I will most likely get the swiftech ultra kit, has everything I want in one package (sorry for being lazy).

The think is that whenever I OC the northbridge or mobo chipset temps go way high so I want to WC this as well. I have managed to find one thing that might do it. I have pasted the link below.

Has anyone used one of these on a DFI SLI-DR. I am running a SLI setup, does it clear the GPUs?

I really need ur help with this. My shopping list is almost complete but need to get this thing sorted.

http://www.alphacool.de/xt/product_info.php?products_id=3546&cPath=5_18_21

Thank u people :eh?:

Looks very promising, you going to try it out??

I was kind of hoping the WCing immortals here would have tried it out...[teary eyed]...no one has tried it out yet...ok...gonna try drowning myself in a bottle of evian water

Edit: Just realised that the swiftech kit has a high flow rate, so I could still have problems even if it did install...right? OK, I have looked at my gtx cards they go right across the chipset fan, I looked the alpha block again zoomed up and I think there is enough space for the gpu to go right across, it might be close to the far side screw, so I could wrap this up with black tape, so it would be fine, even on the off chance it did touch for second nothing would happen. Only left to talk about is the flow rate thing. Can someone tell me if the alpha block and swift kit will work well together. I just dont wanna get it all running only to find out the whole WCing set it messed up because of this damn chipset block thing.

THANK u...very much for helping me. I really appreciate it and well...er... :eh?:

PS: Has my eyes lasered...no more glasses or contacts!!! YAY. Spent a fortune on sunglasses today, need them as my eyes are like sooooooo light sensitive at the moment :cry: and my eyes are always dry, and I have to keep putting drops in my eyes every few hours and they hurt when I do. I cant have shower without wearing goggles...my baby sis is laughing at me constantly...er....right so it feels totally awesome to see without glasses though, I handle everything else but the goggles in the shower thing is like so funny I cant have a shower as I keep laughing at myself. Cant wait for sunday when I go have my hair done :bang head

Last edited:
JenBell said:
I was kind of hoping the WCing immortals here would have tried it out...[teary eyed]...no one has tried it out yet...ok...gonna try drowning myself in a bottle of evian water

Edit: Just realised that the swiftech kit has a high flow rate, so I could still have problems even if it did install...right? OK, I have looked at my gtx cards they go right across the chipset fan, I looked the alpha block again zoomed up and I think there is enough space for the gpu to go right across, it might be close to the far side screw, so I could wrap this up with black tape, so it would be fine, even on the off chance it did touch for second nothing would happen. Only left to talk about is the flow rate thing. Can someone tell me if the alpha block and swift kit will work well together. I just dont wanna get it all running only to find out the whole WCing set it messed up because of this damn chipset block thing.

THANK u...very much for helping me. I really appreciate it and well...er... :eh?:

PS: Has my eyes lasered...no more glasses or contacts!!! YAY. Spent a fortune on sunglasses today, need them as my eyes are like sooooooo light sensitive at the moment :cry: and my eyes are always dry, and I have to keep putting drops in my eyes every few hours and they hurt when I do. I cant have shower without wearing goggles...my baby sis is laughing at me constantly...er....right so it feels totally awesome to see without glasses though, I handle everything else but the goggles in the shower thing is like so funny I cant have a shower as I keep laughing at myself. Cant wait for sunday when I go have my hair done :bang head

The reason no one has tried that block yet is because its a German company so no one knows about it (here on the forums).
How are the shipping rates for you to the UK? They want 32€ to ship a rad to Israel so its a little steep for me.
Congrats on the laser job!!

Back