• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Automatic Cooling Controls ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
Ok I think I have all of my cooling figured out. But how do I controll all the fans automaticaly. Lots of questions. #1 recomendation for fan controller automatic controls with avaliability to controll aprox 6 fans based upon temperature sensors. #2 I am using an ac water pump That I would also like to control speed of the motor this one might be tough or possibly just turn off or on the pump based upon temperature as I will have quite a large capacity of coolant that should take a while to heat up pump has no check valve so natural convection should occur by the way what is an aproximate temperature of the coolant in a system ? Thank you for your ideas and input

Best auto fan controller I've found is your own motherboard. (Depends on your board, but I can control 2 fans with my AN7 depending on temps)

You can manually control the pump with a 120v AC dimmer switch, but doing it automatically might be more difficult.

wow I never thought of the light dimmer thing great idea. And thanks for the link for the fan controler that thing looks great I will be placing an order for one today thanks guys.

what do you guys think of using one of the swiftec ac relay switches and connect it to one of the fan outputs and one of the temperature sensors mounted on the cpu I dont know how much current or voltage the swiftec relay takes to activate but I would think that that would work. thanks for your thoughts

Back