• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any real point to this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dunno why you wouldn't just get a full cover block. I suppose this option is a little cheaper, but forget putting this in an SLI configuration. Looks like it would practically monopolize the whole PCI area.

That is flat out sick! If I could get for less then $60USD, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. My 7800gt does not get much in the way of airflow and the ram runs HOT. Thus, this would cool it dow to where I just might be able to get a stable OC out of it.

Phhhhllllttt!

Just get one of the full blocks, a couple feet of 1/4" UV reactive tubing, and a junction barbed fitting. Splice the tubing that leads to the memory block and put the fitting inline. Cut off small lengths of the 1/4" UV reactive tubing and epoxy them to the block in various spots and the junction fitting.

Voila!

A WCing memory block that functions well and looks great too!

;P

This GPU ram water cooling just looks like an attempt to squeeze out something new and unusual, not something all that useful or beneficial. I agree that the full cover blocks from DD would be better, and most importantly, be less prone to leaks. The probability of a leak goes up as the number of connections increases.

KInda like the system RAM blocks, I see no point in them! all they do is add heat to the water, its so much easier to spend a few extra $$ and get a little faster RAM with some heat spreaders....

That does look pretty sweet tho! :D

all those blocks will be in parallel... it wont be as flow restrictive as you think.

it looks good, but screw that - i play with my comp too much for that sort of nightmare

I think it looks kind of neat like the rest of you.

One thing though, I thought the purpose of water cooling is efficiency. If you add complexity you lose that aspect. That block setup looks busy and very complex.

Enablingwolf said:
I think it looks kind of neat like the rest of you.

One thing though, I thought the purpose of water cooling is efficiency. If you add complexity you lose that aspect. That block setup looks busy and very complex.

Shhh...TN might hear you. :p

Back