• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alert about Stasis Thermal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Just wanted to make folks planning to buy any of stasis thermals new watercooling products aware of the problems I have had with my products from stasis, so that they can make an informed decision.

I originally purchased a 7800gtx air cooler, at a cost of $69.99, having been led to believe that the heatsinks were hand made - as claims within the thread and carefully avoided questions strongly implied that the heatsinks were made by hand - a senior member was even severly flamed for stating that the heatsinks in question were simply hacked up xeon 1u coolers, whilst consumer9000 remained silent. It was then admitted that these 'handmade' heatsinks WERE in fact just xeon sinks modified to fit a gtx, and carrying a premium price tag.
Gutted, I waited for my cooler to arrive. When it did arrive I found it mangled and broken - through a combination of rough shipping and poor design - and was a far cry from the 'hand made' sink that had been touted in the development thread. Not only was the broken heatsink unusable, when attempting to mount what i could salvage I discovered that the mounting rods simply werent long enough to even mount the cooler - if it hadnt been broken it still would have been unusable!!

Consumer9000 did agree to send me a new heatsink and shroud (the rest of the parts to be recycled from the original), as a refund was going to leave me out of pocket due to location (as i would have had to ship the broken sink back to the usa at uk prices). After lots of waiting, unanswered pm's and nagging my replacement parts were shipped.

When they eventually arrived this heatsink had survived the journey intact - the shroud was firmly attached this time, and I was confident that id finally got something near what Id imagined I should have had, tho at a huge premium (lesson learned there). I assembled the cooler from the original parts id kept as instructed and attempted to mount the cooler to my gtx....
:bang head :bang head :bang head
the new part doesnt fit the 7800gtx either...once again the mounting rods are way to short to safely attach the heatsink using the supplied backplate, or nuts - this thing is heavy and the rods just arent long enough!!

So at the end of the day I have a $70 paperweight that doesnt fit my 7800gtx - my card isnt strange, its the same type as consumer9000 himself owns, neither is my mounting skill rubbish - other coolers mount just fine. Pictures will follow as soon as I can get hold of a digicam.

What is there to be learnt from this? Im not saying dont buy a stasis waterblock, as this time round it appears afaik that consumer9000 is making his own unique product, not modding others.
I just want members to consider my problems and remember that this time round its water in a live pc thats gonna be involved not mounting rods... and there's a premium attached to these products that you have to decide for yourself if its worth it.
I also want members to stop and think about what, from ANY producer on these forums, have we seen in the way of proof of reliability? there have been no independant quality and performance tests, there are no reselleratings and no heatware - just OCForums trust.... a good trust, but not always something to be taken as 100% for granted.

any chance on just sending it back and gettting your money back? Or maybe even devising a way to make your own mounting hardware? Its not right if you spent that much money and cant use the product.

Vrykyl said:
the mounting rods are way to short to safely attach the heatsink
define safely? because the one problem i see with this thread *could* be that your ideas about mounting aren't the same as consumers.

Ok lets try and sort this calmly and logically.

What would the cooler need to fit properly? Longer rods? Could Consumer9000 perhaps post more precise details about how to mount it? Pics appreciated.

NoodleHead: Shipping it from Europe would not be cheap.

wow that's scary, i placed an order from stasis 2 days ago o_O i hope my stuff comes ok. Did consumer9000 ever reply to if there just modified xeon sinks :confused:

mista ting said:
wow that's scary, i placed an order from stasis 2 days ago o_O i hope my stuff comes ok. Did consumer9000 ever reply to if there just modified xeon sinks :confused:

THERE definatly modified 1U Xeon passive heat sinks :bang head He admitted it at about post 270 after being asked several times .

Be concerned he stopped making heat sinks last time i checked and switched over to water cooling

diehrd said:
Be concerned he stopped making heat sinks last time i checked and switched over to water cooling

And, the blocks leak.

steve

2% is too much. he said 5% in the other thread.

And, that was on products he shipped!

steve

Interesting....guy makes a long complaint thread like that in January, and has yet to reply to anyone who took the time to reply in an attempt to help him....Suppose he wont be making a post in the official "Thank you" thread.

HeatM1ser2k4 said:
Interesting....guy makes a long complaint thread like that in January, and has yet to reply to anyone who took the time to reply in an attempt to help him....Suppose he wont be making a post in the official "Thank you" thread.

If you knew the hole story it would make sense why there has been no reply.And his complaint is valid and justifed

Silversinksam said:
Stasis thermal is working on solving the issues I am told, he replied in the other Stasis thread today.

Nice to see he is replying..To bad the "consumer" in this thread got 2 bad air coolers and is out 80.00 for them . . . but I guess business practices vary from one place to another and sometimes crap happens we just have to accept . :shrug:

Back