• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
I'm starting to think I might want to go water cooling on my sig rig. It is just getting to hot in my room when that thing is one (room doesn't have that great of air circulation) I can't open then window cause it cooler inside 75F the outside ~80F right now. Downside (sometimes) to living in Florida cooler inside than out. Can someone give me a rough ballpark on what a decent watercooled system would cost? I'm not looking to get a better OC just some lower temps.

right now temps are 39/58 but its almost always at 58C since I fold.

Thanks,

Shelnutt2

my setup cost about $150 and lowered my idle temps 5C and load 10C. might be a little harder on yours since youre running dualies and those tend to produce alot of heat. idk about the waterblock, but i think swiftech makes the mcw6000 for dual xeons. im not sure if two normal waterblocks would fit unless you make your own mounts. id also recommend getting a heatercore and some high cfm fans. thatll probably help lowerer your temps a bit.

So a $200 WC system for me would not be too far then probaly. Wel I'm going to go research all the parts I need.

get the 665 swiftech(i think thats it) its a much better pump. or the danger den D5, which is the same thing.

Do I need a reservoir? And do I need a radiator shourd?

All I'm not sure were I would mount this I'll post a pict of my case tomorrow.

The Black Ice series could be used witout a shroud, they have built in fan mounts. A $3 T-Line fitting can replace a Resevoir.

Aidenswarrior said:
dont get anything from frozencpu. they are extremely over price. SVC sells the apogee for $35 and 120mm 100+cfm fans for $5.

Thanks I'll check there for my parts.

Dont Buy ANY THING outside of the classifieds, sss doesnt have your back if u do

Thanks for reminding me. I was actually thinking about it.

http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/8489/10bd1.jpg

That my case, Were do you think this could be monuted? I am think behind the PSU into the cd bay areas. I can't fidn teh demisions of teh Swifttech 655.

Edit:

That is an old picture of when I first got my rig together power supply has been replaced.

Last edited:
First thing on your list should be buying a better power supply, at least thats my recomendation. And as for temp drops, you'll likely get far more than 10C. At least I did when going from my intel stock HSF to watercooling.
And you might want to check out my project log (link in my sig) I have the same case and while not doing dual cpu I got a very nice setup going.

sunrunner20 said:
First thing on your list should be buying a better power supply, at least thats my recomendation. And as for temp drops, you'll likely get far more than 10C. At least I did when going from my intel stock HSF to watercooling.
And you might want to check out my project log (link in my sig) I have the same case and while not doing dual cpu I got a very nice setup going.

The power supply has already been replaced, its an old pic. But thanks.
Nice project. I might borrow some ideas.

Back