• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reservoir Placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BabyDinosaur

I just acquired some boxes used for delivery of business/high end electronics that are lined with foam (the type used in sound proofing). Im rebuilding my water rig inside, no screws, using foam to minimize HDD, Cd drive, and pump noise while maximizing airflow and accessibility. Im trying to arrange the reservoir (1 Liter), PSU, and cd drives to allow the most room for the MoBo but im a bit worried about my current idea of having the res on top of either the PSU or Cd drives.... is this really something to be worried about?. The Coolant is approximately 60% H20, 25% Isopropyl, and 15% Koolance liquid that is dielectric (right word i think) and didnt conduct last time i leaked like 5 oz. on my GPU.

Res on top means i fill the system easily but cant empty easily (in a screwless case flipping it over is a bit difficult). On bottom (PSU on top) means the opposite.

Much Thanks,
The Baby Dinosaur

Back