• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcenter, CambridgeMA stocks DangerDen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxqzs

I had to drop into Microcenter, by the Charles River, for some supplies and did a usual quick walk through the pc section. To my surprise they started stocking DangerDen equipment. I walked out with their dual 120mm rad, mcp655, and some Zerex for $120. It was an unplanned purchase, but the parts will come in handy. They also had most of DD's cpu blocks, including the Maze4 GPU ones.

there is a 20% off all cpu/mobos till the end of the week.

It's gotta be a nation-wide deal because we've got a big display for DD in the Overland Park, KS Microcenter. I haven't checked there pricing, but it's still exciting to see 'real' watercooling products on retail shelfs.

Yeah they have it in Atlanta also, which I found out and was surprised about when I was building my rig earlier this month

Actually the thing I found funny was that, at least here in Atlanta, they have every thing you could possibly want to build a watercooling rig except for they have no barbs at all. Does that make any sense to anyone at all?

Davan said:
Actually the thing I found funny was that, at least here in Atlanta, they have every thing you could possibly want to build a watercooling rig except for they have no barbs at all. Does that make any sense to anyone at all?

im in atlanta, and i was looking at them to go piece a wc setup too... and i saw they had NO BARBS :bang head what a bunch of retards.

I had the clueless sales guy try to look it up on the web and they dont even have a part# or anything for barbs. I looked at him like he was crazy. I dont think he and his friend had any clue what they were. I looked everywhere before giving up and just ordering them off of mcmaster. BTW, if you know a place in Atlanta to get barbs I would like to know about it :p

Davan said:
I had the clueless sales guy try to look it up on the web and they dont even have a part# or anything for barbs. I looked at him like he was crazy. I dont think he and his friend had any clue what they were. I looked everywhere before giving up and just ordering them off of mcmaster. BTW, if you know a place in Atlanta to get barbs I would like to know about it :p

home depot has barbs, fairly cheap too.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Microcenter stocking Eheim 1250's. (Cambridge, MA as well, btw).

I wonder what the average shoppers would think when they see aquarium pumps in a computer store? :p

Might someone be kind enough as to pick me up a BIP II and ship it to me? I've got PayPal :)
Of course I'd need to know the prices and consider it first...

I found out about a week ago from a thread here that Microcenter has DD parts, so last weekend when I had to go near Duluth, GA, I stopped by and checked it out. I ended up with a new D5 pump before I left. I was looking hot and heavy also at the Aquadrive, but I just don't have the $100 for it now. How tough to have it in your hands and not be able to take it home! It's a good thing the closest Microcenter is an hour-and-a-half from my home.

Flip-Mode said:
Might someone be kind enough as to pick me up a BIP II and ship it to me? I've got PayPal :)
Of course I'd need to know the prices and consider it first...

whats a bipII? i might be willing to do that, but only if you paid all taxes, paypal fees, shipping, etc. why cant you buy it online yourself?

Gautam said:
http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/cambridge.html ;)

I wouldn't go down there immediately after getting your license, heh. Seems like I nearly get myself killed at least one way or another every time I venture into Cambridge. :p I don't think Bostonians know the meaning of a red light...gotta love it.

hahaha oh god i (well my brother) almost hit a biker on the way there once

that place really amazed me when i went there. never seen good parts in a retail store before :D

only thing that hurts me is the discount cage/bin things... it's painful seeing all these decent heatsinks and mice and other small things stacked on top of eachother... heatsinks uncleaned with crappy white paste all over the bases and unboxed

josh478 said:
home depot has barbs, fairly cheap too.

I checked 3 Home Depots and 2 Lowes, and never found a barb for 1/2" ID tubing. Eventually gave up

viogts said:
I found out about a week ago from a thread here that Microcenter has DD parts, so last weekend when I had to go near Duluth, GA, I stopped by and checked it out. I ended up with a new D5 pump before I left. I was looking hot and heavy also at the Aquadrive, but I just don't have the $100 for it now. How tough to have it in your hands and not be able to take it home! It's a good thing the closest Microcenter is an hour-and-a-half from my home.

You know Monarch Computer Systems is just down the street from there too right? In Tucker. Opteron 144s or 165s in your hands no shipping. The only way to check steppings before you buy :)

Well.. technically you cant check the stepping before you buy. But you could make an excuse for why you wanted to get a different one

Back