• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swifttech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greyharte

ive seen some veiled inuendo ...

for those of you who have ... what has your experience been with swiftech support

i just ordered the mcw30 chipset block because it states:

The water-block ships with 1/2" and 3/8" barbs in the US, and an extra pair of 1/4" fittings for Europe, guaranteing compatibility with any liquid cooling circuit.

when i recieved the kit it didnt have the 1/4" barbs so i contacted them and they sent back the above quote and then stated

These fittings are optional in the US, and can be procured separately here: http://www.swiftnets.com/store/category.asp?CatID=2

Part #:

Fitting: NPSM 1/4in. to 1/4 in. barb (set of 2)
$2.40
add to cart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

compatibility: STORM, APOGEE, MCW30 water-blocks

okies the site clearly didnt say "only" it says shipped w/ for the european market, why would they segragate like that when there are several kits available WORLD WIDE that are 1/4" like my tt bigwater :(

then to add insult to injury ... besides the fact that they want to charge for them it costs 5.00 to send a part that only costs 2.50 because the only shipping options are ups

is this typical behavior for swifttech??

also note: the option wasnt provided at the time of order until i actually made the request

http://www.swiftnets.com/store/product_details.asp?ProdID=400

Umm I dont see what you are seeing there. I see optional 1.4 fittings, which means you can get them also.

Also you can just buy them at home depot for $2.50.

Finally the thermaltake bigwater's performance after you add one of these is probably less than satisfactory. 3/8 and 1/2" are the prefered sizes for the rest of us that build are own WCing system and ussually are the canidates for the use of chipset blocks like this.

Finally the 1.4" only shipped in europe comes from people in europe that enjoy there 1/4" systems which makes very little sense to the rest of the world.;)

yeah it says "including 1/2" and 3/8" barb fittings" and then "1/4" optional fittings" swiftech is a pretty good company, and i would not have been suprised if this was a typo, but it seems clear on the site.

trust me ... im not real thrilled by the fact that i boxed myself into a corner w/ a 1/4" setup ...

but ... i still dont know why they just didnt ask what fittings you wanted, to begin w/ ... i tried to find 1/4" fittings at lowes and was unsucessfull ... and i know that i could ship those puppies for less than 5.00 anywhere in the usa

but tt was alot more friendly about replacing my cracked WB and cross shipping

Last edited:
i did have additional dialogue with swifttech and they at least acknowledged the fat that w/ the tt bigwater kits circulating that i may be a good idea to go consider including the 1/4" barbs in the future, course doesnt help me now, but hey, guess thats better than nothing

will have to check out home club and see if i can get the barbs there

they had a variation at lowes but they were 2.35ea and white only ... just wasnt sure that they would fit the tubing

Go to ace hardware in the hardware isle on one side there will be barbs and I can garentee that there are 1/4" barbs in black there. If I go there sometime this week I will find you the P/N

Back