• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump any good? 500 GPH @ $54

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HelpMe

http://www.pondliner.com/PM5.htm

Building my first water-cooled system,and saw this pump online.I thought that it might be a descent pump,but wasnt sure.I am sure that vendors who sell this type of hardware are marking the prices up dramatically simply because they know that they can because its for a specialized hobby.Is this pump a good one, or not?

OR

This one @ 700GPH and $61

http://www.pondliner.com/PM7.htm

45 watts and 60 watts for those two. Dunno, sounds like a lot of heat dump to me but that company does seem to have a very nice warranty policy.

Still, I'd stick with a D5.

From the pics (and product names) those are most likely the Danner Mag5 and Mag7 respectively. I've used the Mag5 for over a year now and like it. It is quiet and the aquarium store owner I purchased it from claimed they are reliable too. (He did show me that he was using them in all of his displays).

It does get warm and will benefit from air circulation.
It is also overkill for a small loop with little restriction.

You can get the mag3 for like 40$ from marinedepot.com. That's what I have, has the same max head with a little lower flow.

Thank you all for your input! That link looks like it will be a big benefit to anyone who is confused about their first water-cooled setup, and why the components dont have to be the most expensive out there in order to recieve the best cooling.Thanks to all,and a special thanks to SewerBeing for posting that link.Look out for more of my posts, as I have just purchased a Swiftech MCW55 VGA waterblock and Apogee CPU block, and will need some more guidance in seting up my first water-cooled system.I can use all the advice and input(not to mention explanatory links) that I can get!

Back