• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

opinions on a water cooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxjt2oxx

Registered
so im looking to get into the whole watercooling thing, and i have big hopes in mind, so let me know what you guys think

first I want to go with dual pumps

2x Swiftech MCP655 -- the reason i want to go with dual pumps, is that i want to put the radiator outside (in my window) during the winter, and i feel that moving water 10 ft to the radiator and back might be too much work for one pump. I would rather have one pushing to the radiator/pulling from the cpu, and the second one pulling from the radiator/pushing to the cpu. -- also the pc is level with the window so there will be no overhead

Swiftech Storm Waterblock -- Either this block, or the Apogee if I can't get ahold of the storm.

Swiftech MCW55 Video Waterblock

Black Ice Xtreme III Triple 120mm Radiator

Not sure on what fans I want to use yet, but simply, I'm loking for performance, not silent operation, what do you guys suggest? Should I go with one of the Delta Monsters? Also -- I want to be able to put them on a fan controller, so should I need to make the wind machine quiet it wouldnt be a problem.

Any comments, modifications, suggestions are more than welcome. I still don't know if this is exactly the set up I want, but its a good general idea.

thanks!

edit -- i know this is going WAY overboard, but I want a system that I can use for a while with whatever new stuff i get (aka new vid cards/processors, i dont wanna have to upgrade other than the blocks)

seems like a big waste to me to run so much tubing and two pumps. You are gonna add more heat in the line with two pumps and all the extra tubing.

If you have a good pump and the BIX3, you really shouldnt need to sit it outside or any of the other stuff u mentioned.

What are you wanting cool with it? Unless you say the surface of the sun I would go with a traditional setup. :)

Surfrat said:
seems like a big waste to me to run so much tubing and two pumps. You are gonna add more heat in the line with two pumps and all the extra tubing.

If you have a good pump and the BIX3, you really shouldnt need to sit it outside or any of the other stuff u mentioned.

What are you wanting cool with it? Unless you say the surface of the sun I would go with a traditional setup. :)
i think to cool the sun you'd need nitrogen^2 :santa:

heh ive been putting away money for a new system come may, i dont know what will be around by then but if i had to buy a system now, id get a pentium d, and the 7800s in SLI, and id be cooling all 3 pieces.

I just know that I can't buy all that stuff, and not be able to push it past the boiling point, so I'd rather have the cooling I would need ahead of time to have some fun.

oh and -- the differance in ambients in the winter will VERY significant, like I currently have one of those ghetto dryer hoses going from a window insert I made to the intake fan, and on those sub-zero days, even with air cooling my current setup isnt passing 35*C load, and can drop as low as 18*C idle very idle

Back