• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCRES-Micro Fillport Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

effnish

I have a question on the fillport for the MCRES-Micro. Swiftech has the plug listed as a "PG 7" thread. From what little I can find, it appears this connector is identical to a 1/4" NPT. Is it possible/prudent to use a 1/4" NPT thread in place of the original "PG 7" plug?

What I want to do is replace the plug with a hose barb connector and connect it to a fillport to make adding fluid to the res easier. What I'm a little concerned about is causing micro-fractures in the res by using a tapered NPT hosebarb.

PG 7 -

MAJOR DIA.
INCHES (MM) .49" (12.5)
PITCH (MM) .05" (1.27)

1/4" NPT -
.49" (12.5)
18 TPI pitch

Pitch is slightly different. Personally, if the NPT thread fits (check carefully if it does?), id use a NPT threaded bit, and a silicon/thread sealer, and wind it in finger tight - if you tighten it, you'll split it very, very easily (bye bye warrante). It doesnt need to be overkill for a t-line filling point.

Of course, if you can find a PG series barb that will fit, you'll be all the better.

Back