• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Symphony Water Cooling Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infini

Hi All :santa:

Been thinking of Water cooling for a long time now but felt iwas too sloppy (when on my own PC stuff) and lazy to do all the work and take the water risk. I have been looking for an easy installation and good preformance water cooling solution.

What do you think of the Thermaltake Symphony Water Cooling Kit? I am using allot of fans atm, plus a Thermaltake XP-120 and my temps are not bad. But I would like better temps on my COU but really on my GOU also. Especially cause I live in New York City and it gets, wow humid and ambient hot in the summer.

What do you guys think? Once installed, how upgradeable is it when I do SLI etch?

From what I see in a review it comes with 1 CPU HS and 1 GPU HS. That is fine for now, but I wunder how fixed that it. Can I hook up more to it?

From what I can tell, it only comes with one CPU block. It was hard to find any good reviews. The one I was reading was tested with a 478 3.2 Prescott and never left room temp, so I think it should support multiple blocks.

The part that bothers me, is that it says all aluminum rad. But the pic looks like copper tubing with aluminum fins. Can't get any clarification on this, Not good to use copper and aluminum in same loop, However I've got a EXOS been running for years with copper blocks and never had a problem, but use a anti-corrosive additive.

....$300? I'm sure in the classifieds you could get someone to build you a kit for <that.

also with such a huge radiator and such weak pumps I would be a lil worried about restriction if you were to add multiple blocks..

Wow, weak pumps huh? that is very suprising to me. Allot of these companies cut corners to get the most profit they can. why such a great idea, great design and implimentation would they put weak pumps in. Now I am thinking this is not meant to be anything but 1 CPU / 1 GPU. No more. But for the cash, it ahould be more.

Its just a gimmick, for 300$ you can build your own custom set that will do much better then the TT and will have a GPU block.
Just look at the WC stickies and there should be a components sticky.

you know I feel sort of bad now. I just could not see tehre were sticky's there right on teh subjects I need. I will do some homework now :)

heh, true. I guess this post might actually be helpfull for this with the same question in mind though. SHould get them to the good stuff.

Honestly I'm sick of reading all these WC posts. Every time someone has a legitimate question about a product everyone jumps down that persons throat about cost.

OMG that's a KIT!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For that kind of money I could build something 100X better!!!!!!!!

1. Money is of no concern.
2. NO ONE here could build anything as good looking as this unit. It's not always about cost.

I to am looking for an external solution that can sit right next to my computer that looks good and performs well. I don't care about price. I would like to stay under 30dB.

Right now I only have 1 7800GTX 512. However I plan to ditch that when the 7900's come out as I want a second video card and another 7800 would be a waste of money right now. SO, I need something to cool my CPU and two 7900 cards.

I wrote thermaltake and asked them if this unit could handle that load and the response was NO!

Bummer! This is one nice looking unit. I can't believe with that many fans, this unit wouldn't perform. But I guess even with two pumps...it still isn't enough?

From what I see, it's not the fans or the radiator, it's the pumps taht can't handle anymore than what they say. That is the real bummer. I have been looking at other stuff. Koolance external looks and preforms best for my needs I think, yet you still have to get allot of otejhr accessories and it could get over $500 real easy. If I can afford it I will have some one else do the install. The Sympnony I could install myself, but Koolance, I think would be advanced for me.

if your going to spend 500 i would highly recommend not getting a kit, the general rule is get a kit if your look sub 100 dollars, over that and you should definently setup your own

I can't find a decent solution. The Koolance is WAY to loud for my taste.

The only quite external solutions use the worse pump. As soon as you find a decent external solution that pumps well they did something stupid like use 80mm fans. WTF!!!!!!!!!

OMG that's a KIT!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For that kind of money I could build something 100X better!!!!!!!!

1. Money is of no concern.
2. NO ONE here could build anything as good looking as this unit. It's not always about cost.

I to am looking for an external solution that can sit right next to my computer that looks good and performs well

You countered your argument by your own statement "performs well." The only kit, which is not external, that has been recommended over and over again is the Swiftech Apex kit because it has decent components. As a general rule, Thermaltake watercooling ANYTHING are best avoided as they just don't seem to get it when it comes to performance and using all copper. If you want an external unit that performs well, you are going to have to build it. But it is not that hard to make something that looks good.

Actually I didn't. Many people are happy with the Exos system. I just realized that I have been looking at the original Exos system and not the Exos 2. This new version uses 120mm fans so hopefully the noise has gone down. However I haven't seen any dB ratings.

From what I can tell the Exos 2 will be able to handle a CPU and 2 GPUs with no problem. So the only two questions I have for this product are:

1. Is the overall quality ok? Can I expect the system to last for a while?
2. What is the dB rating on mid setting and high setting.

I'm not looking for INSANE low temps. I'm looking for more then reasonable temps with low noise. If I could keep my vids and CPU below 40C (high load) then I would be more then happy. I'm almost to those numbers right now with air cooling but the 60dB is driving me nuts.

Check this out!
I got another email from thermaltake apologizing for the incorrect information they previously sent me. They now claim their unit will handle one CPU and two GPUs of any model with no problem.

Hum...............

A8n32 SLI dual 7800s Block Q

ok...i have a a8n32 mobo...i have 2 7800 gtx cards and 1 x-fi fatal1ty in between them..can anyone suggest a good block for me to use on my SLI set up that will let me keep my soundcard in place?? thanks in advance

That's my setup minus the one card on the bottom. My sound card is right next to/below my one video card. I planned on adding another card and I didn't want to move the sound card around so I installed it that way from the get go. Plus I wanted to test the placement before I added another heater/video card.

They fit fine and the air cooling on the video card wasn't affected. I'm well below acceptable temps and I have my PEG Link set to faster. So my video card is overclocked to 612Mhz (?? somewhere around there).

Back