• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad temp issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bandit390

Im using the swifttech apex kit and opteron 170 with a teeline. Nothing else in the loop. Stock volt and o/c I get 40c idle and 49c load.

I recently switched to a teeline, because I had problems getting air out with res, but the temps were just 1c-2c hihger with the res. I have tried many times repasting the cpu (dot and spread method) and when I take the block off, it is getting good contact.

I the only thing I could think of is something wrong with the cpu. I might put the stock on and see what I get?

What else could I do?

It's cold in my room.

I will put the stock heatsink back on. But for the aponge block, I did notice some small scratches/indents on the block. Could that effect the temps that much and how would I smooth it out?

lapping it with coarse grit sandpaper would get deep scratches out, then use finer grit sandpaper to smooth it over.

If there are scratches THAT bad I would consider RMAing it though, they arent supposed to be that way.

edit: If your room seems cold it probably isnt because of a high ambient temp. Scratches would have to be pretty bad btw or horrible warping for temps to be affected that much really.. maybe an uneven IHS mount or similar..

Could just be a faulty temp censor too.

I put the stock heatsink on it and the keep are about the same. So would the problem be with the water block?

Are you sure you are getting good flow?

Are you sure your loop is clean? If the block is out of your system now I'd try looking inside it with a good light or even open it up to make sure nothing is stuck on the pins clogging up the flow.

Also I think sometimes the pump impeller can just vibrate when you turn on the pump, but not actually rotate (hence it wouldn't be pushing any water).

If you're sure your system is getting flow then is your radiator abnormally hot? If so it might not be doing its job well enough.

Albigger said:
Are you sure you are getting good flow?

If you're sure your system is getting flow then is your radiator abnormally hot? If so it might not be doing its job well enough.

Yes, its getting good flow and the rad is not "abnormally hot".

They are there.

Switched the pump around. PUMP>CPU>RAD>PUMP

Temps are about the same.

Last edited:
Back