• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK I know dont buy kits... but I couldnt resist this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davan

Disabled
Evercool watercooling kit -202 - $85 shipped on EBay... Has pump, res, TWO Rads, CPU block AND GPU block? I wouldnt use it on my main system but for my SFF that is too loud and runs hot im pretty sure its going to be golden.

I have a feeling its going to become harder and harder to convince newcomers to wcing that it is better to part out a system as opposed to picking up something like this as time goes on.

It had a decent review on.. HardOCP I think. Basically in line with good air cooling, but quieter. The motherboard in my Hornet has like 0 overclocking options anyways

Cheap, silent, as long as it does its job and cools your PC I'd say it was a good purchase :)

Well since you are not going to OC it should do the job for you. Let us know how it works out.

Davan said:
I have a feeling its going to become harder and harder to convince newcomers to wcing that it is better to part out a system as opposed to picking up something like this as time goes on.

That would be along the lines of convincing Drag racers that it is better to buy a stock engine that you can't upgrade then build an engine using high performance parts. Not going to happen.

Hehe,

I had the AWC-1 kit which is basically the same thing. The fillport is more than likely to crack, the tubing will lose a great deal of water during the summer, the pump is NOT rated to run 24/7, and the blocks are shiney, but not flat.

I had mine modded to have the RAD in the bay to recieve better flow but yet the system still performed like carp. I do not know how those review sites got their results because even when modded I could not replicate their results. I thought I scored a sweet entry level kit, but was sadly wrong. Hopefully you have better results, look up the name MassiveOverKill here on ocforums and he has done lots to the WC-202/AWC-1 kits.

Bryan d

I figure for $85 I can afford to make a mistake (except the kind of mistake that squirts water in the chassis,) so I will definitely be leak testing it for awhile. I doubt any company can stay in business long making parts like these if they leak, but Im not exactly giving them the benifit of the doubt ahead of time.

electronchaser said:
That would be along the lines of convincing Drag racers that it is better to buy a stock engine that you can't upgrade then build an engine using high performance parts. Not going to happen.

I dont know if I like this analogy, its more along the lines of convincing people to part out a system as opposed to buying a Dell. Its slowly, gradually, but inexorably becoming more difficult to justify not having your components (no matter what components they are) pretested and prebuilt with a little warranty with them, and the cost of parting out a system is difficult to justify as well. I do conceed that not being able to upgrade is a huge detractor - But (assuming they perform at or near the same level in the near future) would you buy a kit for $75 that would have to be replaced in 2-3 years if you needed to upgrade a piece? Or pay $300 to part one out that could be upgraded?

But you can't get a good kit for 75 dollars. And if you buy used, you could get a 300 dollar kit for a little over half that price. As for the Dell analogy, it's better than the drag racing one, except it sounded like you were saying computers built part by part were expensive. That's probably the biggest reason to built a computer.

Back