• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Fans for BIX II ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mixman

I am going to get a BIX II for my new setup. What fans shold I buy for it.

If you recommend 38mm fans, where can I get screws that will go through the fans to the rad ? I am having a hard time finding screws that are the right length....maybe about 1 5/8" ?

Mixman said:
I am going to get a BIX II for my new setup. What fans shold I buy for it.

If you recommend 38mm fans, where can I get screws that will go through the fans to the rad ? I am having a hard time finding screws that are the right length....maybe about 1 5/8" ?

I use 76 mm fans on my BIXIII held on with 3/8" Screws I just carefully tapped the holes in the rad with a 6-32 tap and tightened down the screws till they are tight but not too tight. or you could use threaded rods that go through the entire radiator. I personally don't like passing the screws through the fan as the upper mounting holes on the fans tend to bend and bow under pressure as there is no support under them. As for fans the BIX likes fans with good pressure to force the air through the dense fins so 38mm is the way to go and good CFM so anything over 80 CFM would be good.

I would like to be able to just put some screws through the fans into the rad, I just find that easier. Any particular screws to use ?

Back