• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg + Bill Me Later

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Indyxc1

Quick question for anyone that knows. I'd call newegg/bill me later, but they are closed.

Anyway, if you buy at Newegg.com with Bill Me Later you get 3 months no interest, no payments.

I used this when buying an 850 XT PE, a while back. I have my own CC (2), but 3 months no interest is nice.

My question is, if you already have a Bill Me Later account do you get no interest for 3 months with EVERY purchase?

Seems to be the case, but I'm not sure.

I can't swear to it, but I believe it goes by what the individual vendor lists as their BML options. Places other than Newegg have different amounts and options, that I have seen, so it's best to check each individually. The no interest does come in real handy.

stool said:
I can't swear to it, but I believe it goes by what the individual vendor lists as their BML options. Places other than Newegg have different amounts and options, that I have seen, so it's best to check each individually. The no interest does come in real handy.

Thanks I'll call them today, and find out.

I'm thinking of buying an 1900 XTX, which I don't really need, but 3 months no interest, what the heck. :bang head

I bought my HDTV from Egg like two months ago using a preferred account and they gave me up to $2000 in credit with 6months no interest.

Every month I get a statement of what my balance is and how much I have paid off and also how much credit I have left. I'm loving this :p

RedDragonXXX said:
I bought my HDTV from Egg like two months ago using a preferred account and they gave me up to $2000 in credit with 6months no interest.

Every month I get a statement of what my balance is and how much I have paid off and also how much credit I have left. I'm loving this :p

The Credit Card worked for you? I thought it was a "scam" by Newegg to get people excited about buying stuff, because I got denied it, where I have great credit (Perfect credit history). You know, where they offer a credit card, people want to buy more stuff because 6 months no interest, get denied, and then buy it anyway, because they got excited.

I thought maybe it was that I had too much revolving credit, so I asked my mom to apply for me, and she got denied, yet she has 25 years of *perfect* credit history. :shrug: Makes over 120K combined, not much debt.

Just for that I was about to give up on NewEgg, but in the end it's not their decision on who gets their credit card, but the Bank they use. Otherwise, their service has been excellent.

Yea that was the same case with my sister. She has a perfect credit as well and she wanted to try this out and buy a laptop and she got denied.

On the other hand as for myself, I don't have any credit history at all and I got approved. Maybe it's because I have spent allot of money (and I mean allot) on Egg site and they trust me that I can make the payments :shrug:

Who knows.

Either ways I'm almost done paying this HDTV off and still have 5months left before interest kicks in so I will be buying some other stuff using this method.

Well, for anyone that is interested..

I called newegg today, and they didn't know.

So I called Bill Me later, and at first they didn't know, but then I think the lady asked the supervisor and THEN assured me if the product was over 250, you get no paymentd for 90 days, even with exsisting accounts.

I'm not 100% convinced. Only way to find out is buy something I guess. However, I don't want to find out I owe the whole amount by the end of the month at 17.99% interest.

My credit card is 9.99%.

If anyone else knows for sure, post up.

Let us know how you make out. I used it for a new Samsung LCD monitor before Xmas, and just paid it off, so for me it was OK(I had until March to pay it off).

Yes, 90days SAC on accounts already open. I would know....let me tell ya. I always have the cash, but can't resist 3 months to at least earn a little interest in savings. :)

Perfect payment history doesn't make for perfect credit. If you're already using a lot of credit proportional to your income you can get rejected (like I did when I tried a while back). The credit score is a calculation based on your USE of credit, which takes into account your payment history, income, amount and type of credit currently issued. One of the biggest issues is people opening accounts to buy a single item (usually retail), paying it off, but never closing the account. That $2,000 Best Buy gave you in 2003 is still available to you, regardless if you haven't used it in 2 years. It's good to have one or two cards that you pay down regularly, but it's not good to have a bunch of accounts with zero balances.

cw823 said:
Yes, 90days SAC on accounts already open. :)

You are correct... I work for an online retailer that has the Bill Me Later option. For any approved purchase over $250, you get 90 days to pay the full amount before incurring intrest rates... BUT, some retailers only give you 25 days or only until the end of the month! Every place is different so be sure to read the fine print! If you have questions, call Bill Me Later at 1-866-528-3733 , or feel free to pm me with any questions.

Pinky said:
Perfect payment history doesn't make for perfect credit. If you're already using a lot of credit proportional to your income you can get rejected (like I did when I tried a while back). The credit score is a calculation based on your USE of credit, which takes into account your payment history, income, amount and type of credit currently issued. One of the biggest issues is people opening accounts to buy a single item (usually retail), paying it off, but never closing the account. That $2,000 Best Buy gave you in 2003 is still available to you, regardless if you haven't used it in 2 years. It's good to have one or two cards that you pay down regularly, but it's not good to have a bunch of accounts with zero balances.

This is very true, even if you have a card with $2000 limit and zero balance, creditors still take that into account with debt versus income. Even though you have no balance, you could have a balance.

When placing an order at any retailer that supports the Bill Me Later option, just choose BML instead of credit card or invoice. Any retailer that has this program will have it plastered all over their website, as well as if you ask them what methods of payment they accept, they are required to mention BML along with credit cards.

Bob Vila said:
This is very true, even if you have a card with $2000 limit and zero balance, creditors still take that into account with debt versus income. Even though you have no balance, you could have a balance.

Actually, they say in the last year or so lots of available credit is better than no debt, because it shows that other vendors trust you to a certain amount. If you have zero debt, and "good" credit, that may not look as good as if you have say, 5 credit cards with available balance of 6k each. Make sense?

Supposedly that's the latest and greatest advice....keep cards open. I know they also look at length of credit, such as if you have 6 credit cards but they're only 3 months old, that's bad, as opposed to 10 credit cards open for 6 years....probably a good sign, as they figure you must be paying your bills. :)

Back