• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new water cooled build, check it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tanith

Registered
Koolance exos 2 build, check this!!!

just spent more than i should have again....

Water cooled Overclock 3.2ghz P4 (478) @ 3.67ghz!!

not bad for my first build and first overclock.

see my blog of it with 300quid water cooling system!!

http://boonerwatercooling.blogspot.com/

PLEASE LEAVE SOME FORM OF FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS here or on there !! be much appreciated!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
Flip-Mode said:
Looks line, too bad its a kit :(

Looks great, nice setup you got going there. Keep up the good work! :clap:
I myself use a "KIT" and am quite happy with the results(sig RIG) :rolleyes:
And to think, I only spent $97.99 on that "KIT".

lol yeh thanks for "helpful" critisism i dont care its a kit... i could do same job with home made i think :p given time!

nice build RIG RIDER! the system runs so quick! bf2 is flawless on high settings etc ps the kit i got for £50!!!!!! its retails at £200-300!!

Tanith said:
lol yeh thanks for "helpful" critisism i dont care its a kit... i could do same job with home made i think :p given time!

nice build RIG RIDER! the system runs so quick! bf2 is flawless on high settings etc ps the kit i got for £50!!!!!! its retails at £200-300!!

Tanith:
Great to here, nice find on the price. So far I'm smooth like butta' in any game.

eyh i dont see why 478 is classified as old technology yet. i have got the 1mb cahe 3.2ghz prescott, and it does well, good bandwidth cache, hyper threading and really is good chip! esp running @3.67ghz too, so its still got fight in it... thought not stocked in many places... but it games real good!

Firstly:
Awesome system. I'm a beginner to.

Secondly:
I am looking into the Exos-2 myself. I love it when people frown on a kit. Especially an external kit. I defy anyone to build an external kit that LOOKS GOOD. So far I haven't seen one.

For me, it's all about presentation. Right now my system looks pretty damn good and I plan to keep it that way. Once you shove everything inside (WC) it starts to look like crap and I've seen plenty of those. At first I just wanted a good looking external radiator. Something that is inside a box with decent in-out fans but I hadn't found anything like that. That with the pump/reservoir inside would be perfect for me. I don't want the radiator inside the case and I don't some ugly thing attached to the side of my case either. At first I was tempted to buy the Thermaltake Symphony and rip the pump and reservoir from it and just use it as a bitchen radiator. But that's a lot of money for just a radiator.

Since I can't find the perfect solution for myself I'm opting to put everything outside. Enter the Exos-2. The only thing I'm worried about is if it can handle (1) processor and (2) NVIDIA G71's. Obviously I don't have the cards yet, I only have (1) 7800GTX 512MB. But I'm eager to get started and am willing to just do the CPU right now.

If I go with the Exos-2 I'm going to want to mount the unit to the top of my case. Has anyone tried this? Is there any room on the bottom of the unit for bolt heads? Am I going to have to rip the whole thing apart to get to the bottom of it?

my EXOS 2 is ontop of my case, it has rubber mounts and allows it to safely sit atop my case. i know of straps or a harness that allows it to be safely secured to the pc case, it has 4 strap locks on the bottom of the unit.

the exos can be changed in speed to accompany for the greater amount of components being cooled. such as, i am not cooling anything other than the cpu , therefore it stays on low or auto. when i am gaming i stick it up a few notches and it manages to disipate alot of heat very very fast.

it is silent up to level 6 , after that it can be used if your extreme overclocking OR its dam hot in there (summer for instance). to prove how good this water cooling unit is, i use a 478 prescott (dam hot) and left it on auto. not once has it increased the fan speed over level 3... and the chip has stayed well below 35*C ! it also comes with 3 temperature sensors so i can keep eye on other components (in my build i put in upon ram heatspreaders and abve the power supply because i cant get temperature readings there!)

A 478 based system is NOT...DEFINITELY NOT old technology. I don't know who said that (didn't see it as I skimmed), but that is a rank beginner statement. A water cooled 478 can almost run with a 775 system. Not quite, but darn close. It may not do 5GHz, but that doesn't mean it's old. Very few people actually attain 5GHz+ performance, and even fewer attain it stable.

This system is obviously working quite well as his OC shows. The constructive criticism of the manifolds is helpful. Calling his system old though is uncalled for, and is totally false. I consider 'old' to be defined as a system with more than 5 years of use on it. That is the spec that CPU's are rated at...50,000 hours or 5 years. A 3.2 Prescott is not anything near 5 years old yet.

I upgrade systems after 2 years myself, but that does not make them old.

If you wanna see old, I could snap a pic of a K6 2 450, a Willamette system, and an old original Pentium.

The system the OP has blows away what 95% of most users have. In fact, it is a high end OC'ing machine, and only the top 1% of computer enthusiasts attain clocks like this.

The people on this forum are those very 1%, and we are all using high end systems that most people would love to have.

Sorry for the long winded post, but it really burns me to see somebody who is an OC'er put down...especially one that is learning, and one that is obviously succeeding.

yes i agree, i posted on the uk overclockers forum too, but only to be put down.. this is the closest thread i have come to with support about my build and the advice people can take from it such as Jemley who asked questions about my build and i was more than happy to answer :) i have yet to struggle with even the most demanding games and would take up anybody who says this is "old" i am new to this and that doesnt mean i havnt used other chips, i am only new to the water cooling aspect... this new build cost me alot (i dont care how "cheap" it may be) and as a student the project was most satisfying and i dont envy any X2 4800+ builds etc because i am happy with my project :)

thanks for the support 3dflyer its nice to see that this forum keeps a good community, i have given up on the overclockers uk for now lol

Last edited:
Back