• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wc 1st timer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surjer

took me about 4 hours to peace this thing together - ha ha

I have done alot of PC's but never wc.. - wanted to make sure I got it right...

I got a kit "I know Bad" but I wanted to start with something I new would at least function.. (I will upgrade this thing later)

All though it looks very cool - I have to admit there isnt much temp difference from the hyper48 cooler I had installed....

The system is a
P4 3.0 Prescott on an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe board
Thermaltake ram sink
Zalman Graphics card Ram Sinks
Thermal Take Bigwater 12cm cooling system (With GPU waterblock added)

I located the radiator out side of the case sitting next to the pc - Free Flowing Air in front and behind it. I have the extra space and I figured it would run colder that way?

Finally a few pics -
http://surjer.gotdns.com/pcpics/wc

surjer said:
I got a kit "I know Bad"

All though it looks very cool - I have to admit there isnt much temp difference from the hyper48 cooler I had installed....

You should really have posted this in the Water Cooling Forums...

How much did you spend on this system? I bet for the same price you could have scrounged better parts to whoop that hyper48. Why type of paste did you use on the CPU/GPU?

Live and learn I guess.
Bryan d

I spent 180 total on the kit plus the VGA block - I used the paste it came with... Going to reset it with Arctic Silver tonight.

yeah thats a good idea. Those cables are looking horid. I'm going to buy some new skinny cables tomorrow...

for 180, you should have spent the extra 70 bucks and got a swiftech apex, probably the best 'kit' out there. for 190, you could have gotten the level below that which is the pro? i think. glad youre enjoying it though.

You will find that as you stick with watercooling you will scrap every bit of that kit and get good components. Thermaltake just doesn't seem to get it when it comes to watercooling. The Bigwater kit is mediocre. I don't blame you for starting with a kit. I did, but within less than a year, everything in that kit has been swapped out and replaced, and I am MUCH happier with the results that I get now both in quiet and performance.

Well I just got a new video card - 7800GS AGP - And now I am going to have to get a new waterblock for the videocard. It looks like DD has one for like 130... (Ouch)

Back