• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Added an X18 to my setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lee_Kay

I bought it 2 weeks ago and I decided to replace my X1800XT for a X1900XT. I removed my waterblock and was disapointed it would not fit right onto the X1800XT. 4 components in the top right (looking down on the card) obstricted the waterblock from sitting down flush. So I spent a good hour or so grinding grooves into my nice new water block. Finaly I got it to sit flush. My system water temps are really low. Around 32. The GPU runs at 42 and 52 peak in fear.

In all I like the setup its smooth and fast.

It is OC'd :) 735/1750

I was going to take pics of how I made it fit but I didnt want to tempt fait and kill the waterblock :)

Lee_Kay said:
It is OC'd :) 735/1750

I was going to take pics of how I made it fit but I didnt want to tempt fait and kill the waterblock :)
How would taking pictures of it tempt fate or kill a water block? Is the camera going to steal its soul?

No but if I was trying to make a tutorial of how to and where to grind the copper and not thinking how much to grind off the thing Im sure I would have slipped up and screwed something up.

Lee_Kay said:
No but if I was trying to make a tutorial of how to and where to grind the copper and not thinking how much to grind off the thing Im sure I would have slipped up and screwed something up.
I don’t know how to say this without sounding like my normal abrasive self, so I’m sorry. That being said, nobody said anything about a photo tutorial; why not a pic of the finished product?

Coming Soon - Danger Den x19 block?

In posing the ATI X1900XT block question to the sales staff of DD:

"We are making a block to fit the X19 and should be out soon, it is almost the same as the X18 with a few design changes. The bridge is also different. The X18 is only for the X18 boards."

Hopefully, those of us with the X1900XT as a planned WC'd part shouldn't have to wait too long, especially since they had a block for the X1800 and its been out for only 3+ months.

waterblockmod.jpg

here is my X18 block installed on my X1900XT notice the only mods i needed to do are in the area circled.

Flip-Mode said:
What the hell is your pump doing there???
Thats the first time I've seen a pump in that spot.
Its as close to the cpu as its ever going to get :)

guess i'm gonna have to bust out the dremel for my ATI-X18 block to make it work on my x1900XTX i have en route as well :shrug:

Flip-Mode said:
What the hell is your pump doing there???
Thats the first time I've seen a pump in that spot.

It's the second time for me! It is the perfect place for a pump (once you get it primed.) He's a brave man for letting it suspend by the power cables and the CPU block though... and I'm scared to ask how he managed to mount the CPU block with the pump attached.

Lee_Kay I hope you don't move that case much... or bump into it on accident.

onyx22gc.jpg

This is what one of my old cases used to look like.

P.s. Nice work on modding the block, ingenuity FTW!

Im always moving it. The hose is pretty flexible and its not really held up by the wire I put the wire that way to keep it tidy. The hoses pretty much hold it in place. :)

Very ingenious to make that block work.

I do hate to say it but your case really does have a case of wire spaghetti and needs some cable management. I also am not so sure about that pump mount. It has been mentioned here via a forum member that has a friend at MIT that deals with fluid dynamics that it is best to put the pump at the bottom of the loop. The reasons why are over my head, but suspending that pump to me is just asking for problems one of these days.

Back