• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW-6002 Question- Will it leak?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

So I just examined the 6002 base today because I am putting my opteron system together. I was going to use it ith my AXP, but never got the chance. I don't have a pic right now, but might be able to get one later.

Anyway, on the base, there is a solder line that outlines the perimeter connecting the top to the bottom. There are 1/16" and 1/8" gaps in the solder. I will test this block out of my case first, but I wanted to know if other people have experienced this also? If it passes leak testing, should I even bother to use it?

Test the hell out of it. I would try and use it, but do what ever you can do be sure its not gonna leak. Mount it and run it w/o any of the hardware energized other than the wc components. If it leaks, you shouldnt have any damage if you clean it up properly.

Found this thread, might be of interest to you. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=433603

Thanks for the reply. If they give me an apogee in exchange, I may need another pump. I have the 655, but don't know if it's strong enough.

The 655 will be more than enough for an Apogee. Don't worry about it. The pressure drop on the Apogee is less than that of the 6002 iirc.

Moto7451 said:
The 655 will be more than enough for an Apogee. Don't worry about it. The pressure drop on the Apogee is less than that of the 6002 iirc.

Well that's good news. Let's hope that Swiftech does allow me an RMA exchange.

Back