• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MWave vs. me. Tom wins.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

Owned to the max.

>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Tom Troske" <[email protected]>
>> To: "Mwave.com Customer Service - Juana"
>> <[email protected]>
>> Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:34 AM
>> Subject: Re: RE..XX-8127553
>>
>>
>> > You guys still haven't received my RMA? I sent it like
>> a
>> > week ago...

> --- "Mwave.com Customer Service - Juana"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Dear Customer
>>
>> Good Morning In regards to above mentioned
>> invoice is there any way you
>> can provide us with a tracking number..
>>
>> Juana Dominguez
>> Mwave Customer Service
>> [email protected]
>> 800-251-4648

----- Original Message -----
To: "Mwave.com Customer Service - Juana" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: RE..XX-8127553

> No, I sent it insured and I wrote the RMA # on every
> side of the box in red marker and the shipping address
> is completely legible, I know you guys have it. Refund
> me my money.
>****************************************************

Dear Customer

Good Morning In regards to above mentioned invoice.. We recieved
your
package on the 1/27/06 it will be credited back it to your credit
card..

Juana Dominguez
Mwave Customer Service
[email protected]
800-251-4648

tom10167 said:
This is such greatness for any of us who have been given in runaround, 82 views and two replies? :eek:

Weaksauce, 80 people need to reply!

I'm curious... you sent it insured and all that, but you had no tracking number, is that correct?

I don't see what the big deal is, myself. They asked for a tracking number, which you didn't provide. It looks like they managed to find your RMA anyways. Also, Mwave is a reputable company and have been around several years. I have dealt with them a number of times myself and had to get repair parts for a damaged case once (damaged during shipping by the UPS monkeys) and another time had ordered a vid card from them that wasn't what they were describing it as on the web page and both times they were good to deal with. They sent a new front panel for the case 2nd day at no cost (as it should be) and took the vid card back with no restocking fee and they corrected their web page to display the proper info for that series of vid card.

muddocktor said:
I don't see what the big deal is, myself. They asked for a tracking number, which you didn't provide. It looks like they managed to find your RMA anyways...

Exactly. Just a word to the wise, you should *always* ship RMA's back with tracking numbers. Things get lost, and if you don't have a tracking number, you'd never know what actually happens. If I have a customer tell me they shipped an RMA back but I never got it, and they can't give me a tracking number, then as far as I'm concerned it was never shipped. This is why we always tell people to send packages insured, and with tracking.

In fact, if Mwave had said the never got your RMA, and you tired to dispute the charges your credit card to get a refund that way, and Mwave challenged it, you'd lose since you couldn't prove you'd shipped it back.

So, just for future reference, always get a tracking number :)

Someone else asked about that, I just insured it but there was no tracking number on the slip or anything. That's exactly what they asked me to do, so I did it.

I hear nothing from MWave, they ask me questions about tracking numbers, and then all of the sudden it's there.

I don't understand....

From the e-mail, it appears as if it simply took MWave some time to process your RMA and notify you of it's receipt. However, this is not a ridiculously long time; most online vendors ask for 1 ~ 2 weeks to complete an RMA request. Also, assuming that you sent a week from Wednesday, you must also give additional slack if you are sending a package over the weekend.

Bottom line is that it does not seem like Mwave did anything wrong - they did not drag their feet nor did they ignore your package. I don't really see how you "owned" them here.

deception``

mwave is badass, they get stuff out the door quick and use fedex, they are actually better than the NEW newegg...

good rma and no fuss about refunds or restocking fees.

The old newegg and them ran neck and neck, I just wish mwave had more stuff...

tom10167 said:
Someone else asked about that, I just insured it but there was no tracking number on the slip or anything. That's exactly what they asked me to do, so I did it.

I hear nothing from MWave, they ask me questions about tracking numbers, and then all of the sudden it's there.

All's well that ends well, at least they got it :)

I'd just be careful in the future, make sure you get tracking numbers. It's a good saftey measure. The insurance/tracking numbers are to protect you, not mwave. I'd say it's especially true when you're dealing with a big company like that, since they have a *lot* of packages coming and going each day, it's easy for one to slip through the cracks.

No, this thread isn't "Teh Lose". You've gotten some real good advice on how to manage any future RMA's with online vendors here. Hopefully you will heed them if you have to RMA something in the future, just to protect yourself if nothing else and give you a valid path for remedial action if something goes wrong. :)

when I RMA i always get DC or tracking cuz you never know...

at least this way you can CYA and know where and when it got there...

Rattle said:
when I RMA i always get DC or tracking cuz you never know...

at least this way you can CYA and know where and when it got there...

Exactly, then if they lag on your RMA you actually have a basis to take action since you knew when it arrived. I never ship anything without a delivery confirmation number or tracking number.

Back