• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The first is by far a better setup, and if you get it for a good low price so much the better, and as for the second kit, I currently use that very kit and like the results.
With that being said the first one is still a better setup due to the up-gradability.

Yea that first one comes with a sweet rad, that rad would do you well. Personally if I had to go with one of those, I'd take the first.

I know thats a decent price (is that like $50USD?) but for less than $100, lets say $75ish, you can put together a loop with all used parts that are top notch, and would be almost guarenteed to run cooler.

Dunno what shipping would be on the parts if your in UK tho, or if it would negate the savings.

If you like the simplicity of that kit, then I suppose theres nothing wrong with it. We are mostly just DIY fans.

citronym said:
....<snip>....
but for less than $100, lets say $75ish, you can put together a loop with all used parts that are top notch, and would be almost guarenteed to run cooler.
If you like the simplicity of that kit, then I suppose theres nothing wrong with it. We are mostly just DIY fans.

If you can do that point me in that direction please I'm looking to watercool another RIG, if that's true could you help.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you need access to the classifieds, sorry about that.

lets try this
I think if you shopped around for a few (days to weeks, take your time) you can get a good pump, great waterblock (CPU) and a rad or heatercore for about $20 each.
Thats gonna be the bulk of it.
I'd watch for a ehiem or a dannermag pump (both great).
Watch for a MCW6002 block or even a Maze4, I've seen them for $20 and less (and of course you can go a little higher on the price and get a nicer block if you wanted).
And I would either watch for an amazing deal on a BI II rad, or just pick up a heatercore for $20 new.

Add the tubing and clamps (hardware store) and you'll be approaching the $75 mark. Shipping might take you over the $75 budget in this scenario, but again, shop around.

Now of course this doesnt include a GPU block, but add that on and you should be just shy of $100.

None of this is in stone, just an idea. Buying used is a GREAT way to build a low-cost and effective watercooler.

hi thanks for the info, i am new to watercooling and need all the advice i can get.....so far the first one seems to be the more popular choice, woild i be able to upgrade it to include the gpu aswell or not...?

Unless I'm really tired it looks like it already comes with a GPU cooler, unless its not compatible with your card.
Am I mistaken?

It says that its only compatible with vga cards and mine is pci-e although i dont know what the difference is in attatching it to a vga card or a pci-e is?

Shades_of_Me said:
hi thanks for the info, i am new to watercooling and need all the advice i can get.....so far the first one seems to be the more popular choice, woild i be able to upgrade it to include the gpu aswell or not...?
The first one comes with the WaterChill VGA Cooler. I'm not sure what your asking? What vid-card do you have now?

I got stupidly confused there for a sec, been working too much and my brain is fried, i got agp and vga mixed up..

stupid ***!!!

He's saying he isn't sure if the block (which says "Supports all Nvidia/Gforce and ATI/Radeon AGP cards") will fit on his PCI card, which I'm not sure either. Sorry, hopefully someone else can chime in.

I have a 550w psu not a good make though...i am running a SATA drive, x800 gfx card 1x exhaust fan, sound card, neon lights, illuminated sata cable, 2x 120mm case fans and 1x 80mm side intake plus a card reader, 1x dvd-rw and a dvd rom.....would the power supply be powerfull enough to power a pump aswell......

i was right earlier..ha it does say vga :bang head :bang head :bang head

550w isn't too bad at all, but if its a really cheap PSU I might get concerned.

When you say not a good make, can you be more specific. What brand?

ha well i wanted to save myself the embarresment, its a Qtec..now the hole world knows my stupidity

Lol when this thread is over you'll be all set. :cool:

I would seriously consider window shopping the classifieds before you buy that kit, in my honest opinion you would be much better off. Might cost you twice as much, but you would have twice as good of a watercooler, and also have much more flexibility. Just a suggestion tho, don't hold me to it.

well thing is to be honest i am not entirely sure what i am looking for...and the fact that i cant get into the classifieds till i have a certain post count which is 100 i think? can anyone confirm that

Yes, 100 insightful posts, meaning no spam. Your not far off, just keep making honest posts.

Once you can get to them, just search or browse the cooling section for wc parts.

Look for things like this.
For a pump, I would go for an AC pump, such as an Ehiem or a Danner, any model you find should suffice (but you can ask here if you want to be sure).
For a CPU block, watch for a Swiftech 6002, a DangerDen Maze4, or for a lil more money a Swiftech Apogee block or a DD TDX.
For a radiator, watch for a Black Ice (or commonly abbreviated BI) Pro or Xtreme 1 or 2 (120x1 or 120x2), or an automotive heatercore of similar specs.

Thats just to give you an idea of what to watch for. If anyone else can add to this, maybe something I missed or something I got wrong I'm sure it would be most appreciated.

Back