• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the Asetek WaterChill waterpump.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Powered

The pumps electrical plug has an attachment that allows for a PSU fan and a PSU power supply plug that plugs into the PSU. So that means the Wall Outlet plugs directly into the Pumps 110V outlet, from which it plugs right in the back of the PSU.

My question is because the power getting re-routed will this cause a problem?

Or should I find a pump with an independent wall plug?

M Powered said:
The pumps electrical plug has an attachment that allows for a PSU fan and a PSU power supply plug that plugs into the PSU. So that means the Wall Outlet plugs directly into the Pumps 110V outlet, from which it plugs right in the back of the PSU.

My question is because the power getting re-routed will this cause a problem?

Or should I find a pump with an independent wall plug?
What model is this?

the thing in the center of this picture is what you are talking about right?

If your really worried about it, why not just run a separate power cord for the pump and one for the psu instead of daisy chaining them.

Yea, that power gizmo is what I am referring to.

The device is working just fine, I'm just wondering if it will cause power problems later on.

Thats a relay. Don't worry about it. Its a commonly used method of turning on 120v pumps when the computer is started.

Back