• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a 120V Pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeebus_

Registered
Hey guys!

Im looking for a 120 volt pump because I plan on building a seprate case for my heatercore, res, and pump, and the fan that I will be using is 120V as well. I dont feel like modding a 12V pump so I was wondering if anybody knows of any good 120V pumps! Thanks :rolleyes:

Good 120v pumps that are popular here are Eheim 1050 and 1250 (might be 1260, cant recall exactly atm) and the Danner Mag pumps, particuarly the series 3. The latter is nice because you can get them at PetSmart, sold as the Danner Mag Drive Supreme I believe it is.

There are quite a few 120v pumps that would work but those are the more popular ones, and are known to be reliable.

Enheims are great, Iwakis are great, Danners are good. Via Aqua makes good economy pumps. Rio Aqua is somewhat iffy. There are many powerheads and pumps out there which will work well. Another option would be to get a 12v AC adapter (with proper amerage output) or a small 12V PSU and something like a Swiftech MCP655.

I have an Eheim 1048 and love it, but if you have the room for a bigger pump, go for the Eheim 1250.

Back