• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sisoft sandra's mem benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

once the default option for sandra's memory benchmark module is using half the system memory is it normal i get lower score running it with 256MB RAM than with 128MB?
im asking that cuz got one 256MB memory and change my old 128MB but the score was a bit higher with the 128MB.

Bmxpunk86pl said:
maybe the 128meg stick was faster as in terms of 4-way interliece, cas, ras, etc

actually not. this one operates also at 4-way interleave and probably CAS2*, the older at CAS3.

* i still gotta check that to be sure but up to now i belevie its working at CAS2 cuz the BIOS shows that. with the other older stick BIOS always showed CAS 3T when setting up from the SPD.

it will slow it down, i have a 256 stick and it only uses 128, you can change it to use all in options but it will be slower cause it also uses the systems virtual memroy, jsut go with 1/2

Back