• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to expect from EVGA.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

I bought a eVga 7800GT from the egg, and quickly found it to be either defective, or not up to par for what I expected from a 7800GT. The graphics were like nothing I had ever seen, but any time I got into some heavy gaming, it would spit and sputter horribly. I called their tech support and that is where things went down hill. Now, I am a very calm person by nature, but what this guy reccommended me do was basically, "Take two asprin and call me in the morning", made me a little vocal, and is actually what started my rant, (his actual words are not important). I called again and the next guy was a great help. he went through my system, and ended up recommending me to RMA my card. I told him to let me try a few things and I would call back if my troubles continued. I ended up calling back the following day and spoke to a third guy that was very helpful, just like the second guy. He had no problems starting the RMA, and he did. I hang up the phone, and then I do what my wifes says I shouldn't do. I started thinking. I get this bright idea to send them an email requesting that I go ahead and pay the difference and upgrade to a 7800GTX. They replied that I needed to call them. I did, and they said "No". Now, I was fine with the no, and I really didn't expect them to say yes anyhow, but it sent me over the edge when I had to wait on hold for 10 minutes for them to tell me no. Why couldn't they have just emailed me the "No" answer? A bunch of back and forth later, between calling them, and emails I started showing my but. That is not saying eVga had done anything wrong up to this point. More of, I was trying to streamline the entire RMA, and I felt it was very simple to do, but I guess they are one of few companies that have a protocol that they stand by. A constantly changing protocol, isn't a protocol now is it.

Enter Joe Darwin, Director of Customer Service. Joe took my case on a personal basis, and handled it as such. He called me several times, and sent me emails when he had updates on my case. Basically, he turned a serious mis-communication on my part or theirs, and made everything run smooth once he got involved. If you ever visit ocforums.com, thanks for everything you did for me.

As for eVga, Aside from the first CS Tech I spoke with, they were all very helpful and patient when dealing with me, and the product I now have is awesome! I highly recommend eVga. Their products are the fastest there is right now, and their Customer Support is there to help/correct any problems you might have with their products.

Yea, I like eVGA too. My 6800ultra doesn't recieve power from the secondary molex, so after the guy had a talk with his manager, they agreed to give me a "loaner card" 6800gs, until the next model of AGP cards come out in February, mean while I cross ship my faulty 6800ultra (since they have no more Ultras).

The GS is due on Wednesday, I'll have to settle for it until the 7800GS AGP(?) comes out. I hope it has Dual DVI.

I've never had a problem with their product except for lifespan. Two of the three eVGA cards I have had crapped out in just over a year. After the last one, I've kind of written them off as a supplier I want to use.

All this stuff is canned Nvidia. If you look on an EVGA 7800GT's PCB you will find the Nvidia part number. I suspect that a great number of eVGA cards, espcecially upper end ones, are made in total by Nvidia. I've bought PNY's that had Asus part numbers on them. And I suspect Chaintech and Aopen make many makers' cards. The point here is avoiding one (retail) brand or another is no insulation against failure, as any two brands you might compare may indeed be selling you the exact same hardware, from the exact same source.

I have used something in the range of 800-1000 eVGA cards, and they are great. As good of quality as any Nvidia card (see above), and the support is great. You can't expect competent tech support from any maker (sad, but true), so I can't hold that single elemement much against them. And before somebody working a tech support job pipes up to insist some tech support folks are good, I never said they weren't. I said you just can't expect that they will be.

eVGA's warranty and replacement policies are the best of any video card vendor. They will make the situation right, period. It's distressing to have to buck it up the line to get action, but at least there is an up to buck it to.

I recently got a card from newegg that did not have the power cable... They sent me the power cable and everything went works great... How much is it to upgrade to a gtx? from a 7800gt 515?

hoho220 said:
I recently got a card from newegg that did not have the power cable... They sent me the power cable and everything went works great... How much is it to upgrade to a gtx? from a 7800gt 515?

Deduct what you paid from 739, and get in line. You have to show proof that "You" purchased it, (or a significant other).

Back