• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

otogrim

I got bored this past weekend so i decided to take apart my water cooled rig and figure out a way to mound my rad inside my case. This is what I came up with. The case is a thermaltake armor if your curious. Now I'm just waiting for my maze4 blocks to come so i can put it all together. :santa:

DSC01429.jpg
DSC01428.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

Looks like a good solid mount to me. You may want to use some tin snips or a jig saw and trim just a bit so you aren't blocking the ends of the fans though.

voigts said:
Looks like a good solid mount to me. You may want to use some tin snips or a jig saw and trim just a bit so you aren't blocking the ends of the fans though.

Yeah, I had already drawn line on the other side but didnt have time to make the cut. I prefer using a dremel though, less work for me :)

Very nice setup. I have been thinkin about throwin a bixII in my armor. And its nice to see that im not the only one with a black case and beige drives....
Where is your pump stashed? and how bout a side shot :D

White Runner said:
Very nice setup. I have been thinkin about throwin a bixII in my armor. And its nice to see that im not the only one with a black case and beige drives....
Where is your pump stashed? and how bout a side shot :D

Umm... I dont have beige drives lol...anyways, the setup isn't complete yet. Still waiting on Maze 4 blocks. I'll have them up when I finish.

Ok, did some more work on the radiator mount today. I made cuts so the air won't be as restricted as before.

DSC01430.jpg

may i show you mine..i did the same rad in front armor case :) the rad is held in with foam blocks...very sturdy. and i used some old tube on the front to fill the gaps on each side of the rad.. :)

DSC02033.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

soz dont mean the threadjack but armor piks are always nice :)

Last edited:
Haha I also used an old tube to fill some gaps, I built my BIX2/Armor rig right at the end of summer. I like the metal mounting system, but I prefer having the radiator showing. Also, consider pulling out the top USB wiring in favor of a fillport, it's one of my favorite features of my case!

P8120083.jpg
P1010203.jpg
fillport2.jpg

Do you guys suck the air from inside to outside or the other way around. And Which way would be better

Tat2monsta said:
mine sucks air out through the front.. air goes in the back :p

Wouldn't you have issues with hot air from the PSU coming up into the air intake?

And is that a RadGrillz cover on your fans?

most the hot air from my psu gets sucked out the top and the restgoes out the back.. also being water cooled. the case is only about 23c inside..

Tat2monsta said:
most the hot air from my psu gets sucked out the top and the restgoes out the back.. also being water cooled. the case is only about 23c inside..

so your psu is also being water cooled or am i reading this wrong? Any pics?

no wc on the psu. only cpu and gpu. piks in one my posts above. psu is next to the hd's at the top

Back