• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Juggalotus

Im looking for a watercooling solution thats is silent but reliable at keeping cpu temps low. I'm fairly new to watercooling so any suggestions will be helpfull.

You see I currently have a Coolermaster Aquagate and its not really upgradeable and is very loud, I could turn the fan speed (3 settings) but then I'm not getting the cooling performance I want out of it. So I'm looking to replace it a.s.a.p

Ok, first, what components are you cooling? (Just cpu? gpu?) What's your budget? What is your case? (how big?) Does it have to all fit in your case?

Right now just cpu but eventually gpu also (I want upgrading to be as flawless as possible). As for my budget up to maybe $500. I have a midtower for a case (Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Black w/window, window has place for fan). I would like it all to fit inside but doesn't have to. I take my computer to lan parties and such.

Did you check out the wc stickies with recommended wc parts?
To be honest 500$ is A LOT for just cpu, lets assume the pumps costs about 80$, block around 60$, rad about 35$, fans around 30$, tubing, clams etc. another 30$ you got a top notch setup for 235$.
Of course I just took price estimates but if you do decide to invest all of the money you can build one hell of a system.
Read the wc sticky and tell us what system you are running.

(Someone correct my prices if I'm wrong plz)

The Swiftech MCP350 pump is very quiet and holds up well. I suggest investing in a 2X120mm radiator, so you'll have room to add a GPU block later if you want, plus you can use 2 low RPM quiet 120mm fans. It's hard to beat the Black Ice Xtreme II rad. As for water block, select the Swiftech or Danger Den model that suits your fancy and will fit your system.

Back