• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visions Of Computers= RIPOFF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

This company, Visions of computers Had AMD Socket "A" 3000+ 333fsb processors For $168. After Ordering One, They send me an email the next day Saying That they No longer have the Part in stock. They Offer me a 2900+ 400FSB(wont run in the board) OR The 3000+ 333fsb For $269!!!!!!!!!! This is AFTER they have Taken the Payment and sent reciept for said Processor the Night before.

They are Now telling me That They will NOT honor the $168 Price and If i dont take one of there offers, They will refund the Money and Im SOL On the Processor.

To Me this Sounds Like a BAIT AND SWITCH!!!! They also Informed me that I can NOT talk to Anyone in charge.

Advice to All,,,, STAY AWAY!!!

Harry

harryinny3 said:
This company, Visions of computers Had AMD Socket "A" 3000+ 333fsb processors For $168. After Ordering One, They send me an email the next day Saying That they No longer have the Part in stock. They Offer me a 2900+ 400FSB(wont run in the board) OR The 3000+ 333fsb For $269!!!!!!!!!! This is AFTER they have Taken the Payment and sent reciept for said Processor the Night before.

They are Now telling me That They will NOT honor the $168 Price and If i dont take one of there offers, They will refund the Money and Im SOL On the Processor.

To Me this Sounds Like a BAIT AND SWITCH!!!! They also Informed me that I can NOT talk to Anyone in charge.

Advice to All,,,, STAY AWAY!!!

Harry
lame =/
if they have a phone number call em, if not email them and tell them you will report their tactics

id just be happy if i got my $$ back...

You are absolutely right. But I Also tried Talking to a Live person, She Said (In not so mant words) That i WONT be recieving The processor. I was Also told that I Wont be allowed to Talk to Anyone Higher up in the company.

Now, In ANY state. (even on the net) When a reciept Has been given and Money exchanged, Thats a legal and Binding contract. A Contract for that product You bought. Its against the Law In the US to turn around after said contract has been Made and then (even IF the supplier Has raised His Price) Its Not legale to Ask the Buyer For more Money.

Case in point, I Put Money down On a watch From a Jeweler, We exchange money and I get a reciept that I Paid(X)amount of money on a watch costing (Y) amount of money. I Have My ballance On a reciept in hand. I come back in 5 days to Pay off the remaining balance of the Total Price(y) And the Jeweler Tries to Tell me, Oh Im sorry My supplier gave me the wrong price on the Phone, The Price is Now (Z) For the watch. BY LAW, The jeweler HAS TO ABIDE BY THE ORIGINAL Agreed on Price of the Watch. In this case Thats (Y). The Jeweler is the One who HAS TO Take the Loss. My reciept is a BINDING contract and In court i recieve the watch for (Y).
Sorry for the rant, But What a crock of Poo This is!

Harry

Tell them you want your money back pronto and also report these actions to the BBB and also maybe to whatever state government agency that has jurisdiction over them. BTW, do you have a link to their website? Also, if you found this proc off someone like pricewatch for $168 and they didn't honor the price, then report them there too. You can also rate them at resellerratings.com and leave a bad rating. I just hope they don't screw around with your money a few months before they refund you.

if they actually charged your card then they should honor it, it they dont then you have a case against them. I know with a lot of companies, especially online stores that they may have authorized the card but not actually charge you. i had an instance where i thought they charged me and the part was actually out of stock, but it turned out it was an authorization and after a couple days the pending charge went away after i cancelled the order.

Maybe thats why they are called "Visions of Computers", you get a sense of what you can purchase, but its only a vision and you cannot actaully get what you want.

http://www.visioncomputers.com/

Is that the website? Tried doing a WHOIS on them but got no results. Tried searching information about them on Google, came up with one website. They mostly said they've always had problems with them.

Back