• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice on current cooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxjt2oxx

Registered
So i DEFINITELY want to watercool by the time spring comes, but I also want to switch to the new dual core processors so heres my question :

Currently I'm running a DFI Lanparty 925-TX2 w/P4 530 3.2 clocked @ 3.8

I'm stable under any conditions, and I've been under 100% load for 3 days now, Folding/running software/benchmarking etc.

My max temps I've seen are 37*C CPU, 38*C PWM, and 30*C Case (+/- 2*C). I'm running a gettofabulous dryer hose from my window to my case, and outdoor temps are usually 10*C tops, as low as -5*C nights.

What I want to know is if watercooling would help this setup at all, or should I just wait until I get the new mobo/processor?

I believe that waiting to save some $$ would be in my best interest, just wondering what everybody else thinks, because I realize once summer/spring hits and its hot outside my temps are fubared.

Thanks!

I would agree. You probably aren't going to do better with water unless the radiator is outside, so just wait until you have your new setup.

excellent... now i just might have enough money for some really cool stuff :thup:

Back