• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg lately..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ankun

a couple years ago I tried newegg for the first time. They were great, extremely quick with order processing. For quite a while they would almost always ship my stuff same day. I even used to comment to a friend of mine who always used the "fast order processing" or whatever feature.. and about how useless it is since they are always fast.

Lately though, I've noticed the majority of the time (probably my last 6 or 7 orders from there) have taken 2 days until my order is packed and shipped.

Just figured I'd throw this out here and see if anyone has had any similar experiences with newegg being slower than before.. or ideas on the matter. :)

Also anyone know how their order processing is compared to other companies out there? I order almost exclussively from newegg now(except my WC parts, from jab-tech and dangderden, both same-day shipment.. in mid-december)

Some of that, I think, can be traced to the sheer number of packages they ship and orders they process. That being said, I'm noticing a lot more complaints about NE lately.

New owners..It can be bad for restaurants, but for bigger companies, you can lose a lot of customers.

i had my first problem with newegg this week

its definitely not enough to turn me away, i just hope its not indication of their future service

Some of the shipping fees are just plain stupid. I recently ordered some Canon Cartridges for my printer. Newegg wanted like $5 shipping for EACH CARTRIDGE!!! (1 box - I mean COME ON, YOU GUYS!) For 4 cartridges, that is $20 extra bucks. I went to "Super Warehouse", and got 2-Day Fed Ex shipping on ALL 4 Cartidges for $5! And it actually arrived 2 days after I ordered it! Saved some cash, and recived better shipping service than the Egg. Really makes me wonder why I always go to NewEgg first on everything. Might be time for a pleasant change, huh?

I have also noticed this delay in shipping. It is annoying - especially if you have experienced the "Old" Newegg.

Walking on Thin Ice over here in Randyville.

:cool:

i haven't had any problems with newegg, i place all my orders at night and then the orders always ship out the next day.

But, the UPS "2-3 Day Shipping" takes 4 days, right? That is something else that really annoys me.

:cool:

I've noticed the same about Newegg too. I remember a few years ago ordering something from them and having it ship out the same day. I just ordered some cables for my new A/V setup, and not only did it take two days to process, but the ups shipping sucked compared to their old fedex option.

Granted, I still like Newegg a lot, but when I order parts for my upcoming pc build, I'll be price comparing to see if I can get most of my parts elsewhere with cheaper shipping options (like free 2-day at zipzoomfly, gotta love that! Only thing is they usually have less items in stock than newegg it seems.)

I recently bought a buttload of new computer parts from newegg. Unfortunately they sent me the wrong motherboard.

although the time for it to ship seemed reasonable

I still think they are a great company.. theres just alot of stuff I miss I guess..for one their shipping used to be much more affordable... deals with free shipping on numerous items, etc.

I ordered a setup for my brother at the end of december and shipping came to be ~50$ when the shipping weight was less than 20LBs (this is for ground shipping..)

The company I work for sends file boxes regularly across the country via UPS ground. $7 for a 35LB box.

I realize the reason shipping costs so much (since its a per-item basis) but seriously.. with how far programming has gone it doesnt seem that difficult to find some sort of way to calculate lower shipping for multiple item orders, something more in-line with what they really pay. For a single 120MM fan $5 shipping is realistic.. but when you buy 20 fans $100 shipping is just rediculous considering the shipping weight would still be <10LBs.

I agree their shipping is not what it used to be imo.

Clubit.com has free fedex or 2.99fedex shipping on most items, and their prices are very competitive if not better than newegg. I have been using them as of late.

I have had no problems with their packaging time. They are no where near as bad as monarch!!

On a side note. I made an online order from CompUSA on Monday and I had the package in my hand on Friday. Not bad for standard shipping (that was free). I was thinking it would be at least next Tuesday..............

Back