• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Jumpstart Watercooler..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Romain

Registered
I just got done filling my Koolance Exos 2 WC with coolant all of the tubes are filled same with the res. No sir bubbles and im trying to jump start the whole thing like it says to leak test for a little. I placed the wire into the right spots on the ATA connector of my PSU (Hiper R 580W SLI) to jump start it and nothing happens..anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

i personally wouldn't use the psu that is going to end oup in the pc. are you connecting the green and black wires (13 & 14 i think)? do you turn the PSU on after connecting those 2 pins?

Also is the voltage switch set to 115 and the 1/0 power switch turned on? No offense, but sometimes the easiest answers solve the problem.

Yeah....it is green pin to any black. But most people use the black right next to it. That should start up for ya.... if it doesn't, I guess you will need to test it out on another PSU...

It says to do it on the 4th and 6th pin. Now i did this by looking at the shape of the connectors to determine which side the 4th and 6th pins were on in accordance to the picture. It was opposite on the page than it is on my PSU but i just reversed it. In that picture, which end is 1, 2, 3, etc.. and the other side?

my054runner said:
i personally wouldn't use the psu that is going to end oup in the pc. are you connecting the green and black wires (13 & 14 i think)? do you turn the PSU on after connecting those 2 pins?

No it says to have the PSU powered on then connect the wires. I have the green and black jumper wire they gave me in the kit.

Try leaving the power off and unplugged. Then connect the wire to the green and any black wire. Then plug in the PSU and power up.

Alright, i was jumping the wrong pins. I was referring directly to the picture in the book they gave me and it was wrong. I was jumping the 4th and 6th and when i tried the 14th and 16th it worked. Now i got a kink that i need to compress to fix. Anyone know anything i can wrap around the tube to unkink it?

CreePinG_DeatH said:
You could try to use zip-ties for a temporary fix.

I tried to use a plastic tie on it but it just clamped the kink. I need something round that when used it tightens in a circle to straighten out the kink thus straightening out the tube.

Romain said:
I tried to use a plastic tie on it but it just clamped the kink. I need something round that when used it tightens in a circle to straighten out the kink thus straightening out the tube.

Would regular plastic clamps work? Not the metal screw downs from home depot, just the cheap ones you usually get 40 of when you buy parts

Davan said:
Would regular plastic clamps work? Not the metal screw downs from home depot, just the cheap ones you usually get 40 of when you buy parts

The system is already filled and i cant put one of those metal worm-clamps on cause you need to slide them on over the tube. Im going to try to use a plastic clamp on it

I just used a plastic wire wrap/director and stuck it on the top of my radiator that i slipped the tube through and it unkinked itself not totally but almost perfectly. The plastic clamp idea worked too but not as good

Back