• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay...what can i do

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

Im starting to get a *tad* worried.

I bought a phone from a guy (moto e815) on Sunday 1/29 who had 10 positive feed back, 1 negative and 1 neutral. seemed semi-safe as i was using paypal.

He has not responded to my two emails asking if he has sent it.

Should i wait 10 days and file a complaint or what?

that's what I would do, keep pestering him, and if he doesn't respond, file a complaint. It could be he's just a bod communicator, I tend to give the seller the benefit of the doubt in this situation, I think 10 days is more than ample time for a response.

scott d said:
that's what I would do, keep pestering him, and if he doesn't respond, file a complaint. It could be he's just a bod communicator, I tend to give the seller the benefit of the doubt in this situation, I think 10 days is more than ample time for a response.

agreed

well i called him just now.

he said instead of shipping it priority (what i paid for), he sent it fedex ground and it *should* be here tomorrow.

lets hope hes not lying...

if he shipped it ground, get a tracking number. Either way, be sure to update his feedback with your experience with this person. If it doesnt arrive, you can always file a complaint with Ebay and they will harrass the person for you. I had a retailer send me some lights for my car and after a month, it still didnt arrive and they wouldnt answer me. After filing a complaint with Ebay, they hasseled him for me and in 3 days the seller contacted me, apoligized, and gave me 110% of my money back

he said he was going to email it to me when he got to work today, but i have nothing yet.

im just gonna hope i get it and he sucks at the whole communication / life thing.

This is exactly what I never have -- nor ever will -- buy anything from sellers on eBay. If you can't verify every bit of their contact information and their selling history, don't buy from them.

i buy cheap stuff on ebay alll the time, especially cellphone accessories and cables, its the best way to go.

more expensive stuff i tend to stray away from, but 399 from verizon vs an average of ~180 on ebay, you make the choice..

Xenocide said:
more expensive stuff i tend to stray away from, but 399 from verizon vs an average of ~180 on ebay, you make the choice..

Ironically, your thread just made the choice for all the rest of us :p

I'm done with ebay for the time being, that's for sure. Even half.com until I get my own house so my billing/shipping address can be the same :rolleyes:

now he won't even respond to my calls..

this is getting bad.
next thursday i can file my dispute, hopefully i won't have to

I will more than likely jinx myself, However to date I have purchased 26 items on Ebay and have not had one bad experience. I pretty much only buy from folks with lots of transactions and very positive feedback though. My motto, If in doubt, Look elsewhere..

I just hope you didn't use pAYpAL on it. One of thier cusomer 'service' goals is to reduce the impact of returns (when they have to send money).

ScottinIndy said:
I will more than likely jinx myself, However to date I have purchased 26 items on Ebay and have not had one bad experience. I pretty much only buy from folks with lots of transactions and very positive feedback though. My motto, If in doubt, Look elsewhere..

Exactly - i buy from people with a few hundred positive feedbacks - sure there will be negatives cause some people are just whiners!

You should never buy anything on Ebay unless the person has a 98% or better feedback and they accept Paypal.

If the person is an established seller and has the Free Paypal Buyers protection logo, then it's relatively safe to proceed

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 122
Only one purchase so far and that was along time ago for me, :D so i cant
really comment on the authenticity of it all and it's buy/sellers! but as always
it's better to play it safe than be sorry...

The purchase of mine from ebay a while ago went well though, :)...

Back