• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI chipset temp after watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flip-Mode

I've been having high chipset temps for a long time now and today I discovered it was because I was running my SonicTower fan less, I only had a front 120mm intake and one 120mm back exhaust. Now CPU temps ware fine but after adding a 120mm fan on the SonicTower my chipset temps actually dropped around 7-10C.... :shrug:
Anyhow I'm going to finally switch to water cooling as soon as my radiator arrives (the rest of the stuff ware in the shed for almost a year) and I'm guessing my chipset temps will just right back and I was wondering how ware your temps after going wcing?

Thanks

high. low to mid 50s

[EDIT]
My expert arrives today and I allready bought the block to wc the chipset.

I'm water cooled right now. I'm currently running 46C on a stock chipset fan with 2 80mm fans intake only. My PWM gets up to 65C easily though. =T

I should have mentioned I only had 3 fans running. The top exhaust, the side intake and the PSU fan. Nothing in the front or back.

my054runner said:
I should have mentioned I only had 3 fans running. The top exhaust, the side intake and the PSU fan. Nothing in the front or back.
Thats just the thing, I'm looking to keep it fanlass....
What block did you get? I might consider it down the road.

dec16.jpg

Watercooled DFI-SLI-DR.
Storm (CPU)> Maze (NB)> Maze4 (GPU).
Had to move the vid card to PCI-e slot#2 to clear the NB block but the results were worth it.

clocker2 said:
dec16.jpg

Watercooled DFI-SLI-DR.
Had to move the vid card to PCI-e slot#2 to clear the NB block but the results were worth it.
I might move it down once I remove the silencer...

My chipset usually sits around 32C with a Maze4-1 waterblock. It pretty much stays there even when I turn on the TECs for the CPU and video card. I think the BIXIII with Panaflos does a very good job holding the water temps low.

clocker2 said:
dec16.jpg

Watercooled DFI-SLI-DR.
Does using the second slot affect performance at all? I never even considered trying that. I think I might give it a shot this weekend.

im not going to be using that board anymore. I run sli and the dd nv-78s dont fit so I went and got an expert and the new swiftech block. I should have the board today.

Back