• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEWARE of Monarch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

proth

AARGGGhhhh...

Ordered in stock x1900xtx Monday NEXT DAY FEDEX.

Monday.......... Thank you for your order
Tuesday......... Thank you for your order. It is being expedited
Wednesday..... Thank you for your order. It has reached our warehouse.
Thursday........ Thank you for your order. It is being shipped

WTF...???

Just venting, no need to reply. If you're in a rush, DO NOT GO WITH MONARCH

monarchs weird, I ordered a cpu and got it in 2 days. 2 weeks later I ordered another cpu and it took like a week :shrug:

i only use monarch when i have two weeks to get the crap i order
otherwise DONT USE THEM

I placed a order with monarch yesterday with 2day shipping. They got it right out and will be here friday..

The thread title is a bit unfair, Monarch is not anywhere near the speed of Newegg and say Jab-Tech, but they are not out to screw anyone, In fact they have pretty decent customer support.

Yes they are a bit slow, but to state to 'Beware Monarch' is a bit rash.

Silversinksam said:
The thread title is a bit unfair, Monarch is not anywhere near the speed of Newegg and say Jab-Tech, but they are not out to screw anyone, In fact they have pretty decent customer support.

Yes they are a bit slow, but to state to 'Beware Monarch' is a bit rash.

my gripe with monarch is not about the speed of their processing. Most of the time they cant control this. No, mine goes back to poor customer support and lack of respect (ie Lying, and just plain rudness). And not just 1 time, no, atleast a few times it has happend. But i suppose i shouldnt let that scare others off. Everyone is intitled to their own opionion i suppose

EDIT: however, monarch is not "out to get you". They are not as shady as other places. They will not steal your money.

EvilCloudStrife said:
my gripe with monarch is not about the speed of their processing. Most of the time they cant control this. No, mine goes back to poor customer support and lack of respect (ie Lying, and just plain rudness). And not just 1 time, no, atleast a few times it has happend. But i suppose i shouldnt let that scare others off. Everyone is intitled to their own opionion i suppose

My brother ordered an Opteron 170 from them. 2 days later it was on sale $70 cheaper. He told them to cancel the order before it shipped. They told him it would be but they shipped it 2 days later anyway!

He then told them he wanted to send it back. At this point they wanted to give him the sale price instead of his full refund for their screw up. He was a lil upset and spent 2 hours on the phone with them trying to get a full refund. He even had to pull out a trump card. He does most of the purchasing for www.gamedev.net servers so he explained just how far this gesture would go. Even with this, the only way they would do it was giving him store credit. He had $420 of store credit so he just purchased the Opteron 175 OEM + Extended warranty instead which was about the same as the former 170 Retail price.

I recommended them based on SSS saying they had good customer service. I ended up apologizing for all the trouble it caused. :(

I bought the Aerocool Gatewatch from them and it took 3 weeks for it to get here using their free shipping method. They are now listed under my "Buying only for a killer deal" list right next to SVC.

JT

Back