• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech releases new gpu water block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

today was its official release.

MCW60.jpg

more can be read about it here.
http://www.swiftnets.com/

ill be getting one soon to take pics of it internally and post them

edit:
i got the block and took internal pics of it.

posted HERE
please dont hotlink the pics.

Last edited:
Freakin' sweet! About time they put some real barbs on these. Sure makes an all Swiftech system that much more tempting.

I guess they took note of peoples wishes on the barbs.

Last edited:
definitely looks nice ..

im in the market for a set of these for my sli setup .. if these have no problems interferring with the ram sinks .. and performance = or better to the maze 4 gpus .. then im sold

madhatR said:
definitely looks nice ..
im in the market for a set of these for my sli setup .. if these have no problems interferring with the ram sinks .. and performance = or better to the maze 4 gpus .. then im sold

Exactly what I was gonna say, though I may pick up 1 and see how it goes. If I like it, then get another, if not, goes to the classifieds.

i spoke to swiftech about the new gpu block and on the gpu blocks with 1/2 fittings .. u will have to cut about an 1/8 or so off the ram sinks under the fittings to fit .. this is only an issue with 1/2 fittings ..

i wish they would make a low pro or something to clear this .. i hate modifying ..

anyways ill wait for a review or 2 .. to see how it cools compared to the dd setup ..

i would like to keep everything all swiftech

Looks like a set of ViperfangII from viperjohn. I wonder if he had a hand in designing this.

I was getting excited untill I got to the bottom and price table, Thinking I would get a deal on ram sinks... Nope, $20 less becuase of no ram sinks :\ Oh well, I was planning to make my own anyway.

foo shoo it ain't but joking aside, its the same damn designed except the barbs are angled. 20 dollars over the apogee for an angled barb design.

this is made in china right just like the apogee ? unlike the storm being made in the us ?

From the pictures it doesnt look a whole lot different from the MCW55 other than:

Barbs
Lower profile
Higher diamond density
Removal of the internal ridge on the top

With the higher diamond density wont it be harder for water to travel through the base? Wont the lower resistance make the water want to sheer over the top of the pins? Wouldnt that have been stopped by keeping the internal ridge? Is this making sense?

Back