• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Passive Radiator -or- Low-Restriction Fan Radiator ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamjcl

Considering adding a passive unit (like the Innovatek Konvect-O-Matic) to my external, 2X120mm heater-core unit.

Anyone have experience with this unit, or could suggest a more conventional (cheaper) radiator that:

1) is not very restrictive to water flow, as it will be rad #2

and...

2) has 1/2" barbs (or threaded female connections that will accept them).

Thanks for any insight.

- Chris

AFAIK your best bet is to just go as big as you can. Do you WC now? I suggest just turning the fans off and see what happens if you have a setup now, you can be surprised at the results.

iamjcl said:
Considering adding a passive unit (like the Innovatek Konvect-O-Matic) to my external, 2X120mm heater-core unit.
So you have a dual 120 radiator, and it's not cooling enough? Or is it just that you wish to go totally fanless?

A dual 120 should cool a pair of PC's more than enough, unless all components are highly overvolted. If you're not seeing good enough temps I'd look for blockage in the loop, check water flow, check how much air you're getting through the rad and so on.

Back