• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need WB's cheap and lots of them..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infinitevalence

Im looking to find 10+ xeon waterblocks it would be nice if i could keep them under or around $20 each as im a college student and dont have unlimited funds. If any one knows where i might beable to find decent WB's in this price range let me know.

Thanks

umm the closest i might think of is used swiffy 600x blocks if you lucky

You could build your own blocks. Ghettocomp's custom copper waterblock is simple and effective and no doubt cheap. Although they won't get you the best performance.

damn that dangerden is abit over my price range unless i can get volume discounts.

I had thought about making my own, but thats alot of WB to make and alot of time... plus im decent with a dremmel but i would need some machineing equipment to make this time effective.

I also have looked at the 600x series and they look very appeling but finding them used at is hard :( i can get one or two at a time but summer is on its way and my cluster is already so hot that i keep the heat off and have a fan blowing air out of the equipment room.

Thanks guys if you think of anything or find anything good let me know.

$19 http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...roduct_Code=AQX-WW-AL-SA&Category_Code=AMD-WB

$24 http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...duct_Code=AQX-WW-AL-USMA&Category_Code=AMD-WB

I just bought two of the Socket-A versions. Came to $40 total. They took awhile so they sent me the universal version which is $24 each(Socket-A block with a universal plate).

I was, still going to, make my own delrin top.

WW blocks are still very good performers too.

My Build: http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=12738

infinitevalence said:
not bad $24 for 1/2" whitewater is a decent deal, no i just need to find a volume discount :)

If you buy ten I wouldn't be surprised if cooltechnica gave you the universal adapter plates for free. Of course you can easily make them. Buy 10 of the $19 blocks and buy those 49c taper plates from HomeDepot then cut them accordingly.

The Universal version of the block is the exact same block as the socketA one, it just comes with a universal plate that sort of snaps into the socket-A holes and provides holes for the rest of the sockets.

I have a big plate of delrin left over from another top I made. Going to replace the universal plate and aluminum tops just to get rid of the aluminum.

Tools needed:
hack saw
drill
1/4" NPT tap

Have to cut a rectangle out of the delrin, line up the threaded holes and the screw holes for the block, then the mounting holes for the xeon mounting. Have to drill 11 holes, tap 3, and cut the piece. Pretty darn easy but I've been uber lazy :D

You could also put together some copper cap blocks if you want to go uber cheap. I built my copper cap block (soon to go on my G3 if all goes well) for $3.77.

Back