• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc-133 at 150mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmIdYfReAk

Registered
ok.. i have

Simple Tech Pc-133 Cas2 128Megs
Kingston 256megs pc-133 Cas? 256

and i am Goin to get a Athlon XP system.. and i heard Some people talking about it, they said if the FSB go's Higher than 133 the Core is unstable... but once it hits 150 its Fine...

So i was to Clock My Ram up to 150 and Lower my Multiplyer till i get beter Cooling....

Do you Guys think that this is Posable??? or Will i half-ta Schell out the Cash To get pc-150.. ??

It might and might not, one of those you would just have to try it things.
BTW My 1.4 athlon 155fsb stable.
Put in XP 1800+ 148fsb max stable. 150-155fsb=errors.
Its still locked so my cpu wont go no more than 1701mhz with my cooling.
Before you buy a xp make sure 100% that it will work in your motherboard unless you want to buy a new one.
If you are getting a new one ddr memory is the way to go.

Sorry, but im Buling this System on a Job that only pays 6.50/hour... i cant afford do do that....

its $230 for MSI K7T-Turbo2
and $450 AMD Athlon XP 1800+

and my usuall Pay Cheq's are 120's to 200's....

I Persionally cant wait that long.... i am on a Celeron 500 and hating it... well not hating it.. but Lothing it.. i guess is a beter term....

thanks for your imput though.... i Guess ill Half-ta try it for my Self...

I've got some Simple Tech running in my D6VAA at 150MHz just fine at CAS3.

As far as your core goes...like Placid says, all depends how you fix it up.

Kingston generally overclocks OK, but I wouldn't put it in the upper echelon of memory brands. 150MHz CAS3 shouldn't be out of the question at all for it.

Back