• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad-sized heater core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scott d

Voyeur Mods has a radiator that fits 4x120mm fans on it. Is there a car heatercore that corresponds to this size? I want to get one, but I'd rather mod it myself and save a couple bucks.

Do you know what the technical differences are between Weapon's and the voyeur cores are? The reason I ask is because visually they look very similar.

I believe the core that Weapon uses is a modified 2-192 heater core and its a bit larger in size than the other core. Plus Weapon will put any sized barb on that you ask for.

-Brandon

scott d said:
Voyeur Mods has a radiator that fits 4x120mm fans on it. Is there a car heatercore that corresponds to this size? I want to get one, but I'd rather mod it myself and save a couple bucks.

I have one of Weapons Monster Cores. It is very nice I was going to use it in my project but it is a little too big. I had him put 5/8" barbs on mine as well. I did test it. Man talk about flow OMG. Let me find a few pics of it for you to see first hand.

Electron Chaser said:
Let me find a few pics of it for you to see first hand.

yeah, that would be great, I'm starting to get a crazy idea for a new case.....

Here are a few pics. Weapon isn't around much anymore. I know of several people that want to order some rads from him.

This is what I paid for it
--Weapon MonsterCombo – matched stealth black core and stealth black shroud, with mounting hardware for fans and shrouds. $150 + 16.50 w/S&H and insurance = $166.50

Anyway here are the pics.

Rad1.JPG

Rad2.JPG

Rad3.JPG

Rad4.JPG

Fixed_Monster.JPG

The Lexan brackets I made myself and the fans obviously did not come with it either.

scott d said:
that's a thing of beauty. How are you planning to use it?

I was going to use it in my case I am building if you click on the project link in my thread you can see it. It however was too damn big to fit in the case. Well it would have fit but it would have been very crowded so as of right now it is just sitting on a shelf in my office waiting for a use ATM.

hah, you'd think that case would be big enough for fit something that size, but I guess it's oddly shaped. I'm actually thinking about putting a case together that would fit that thing in the top, but I don't know if the project will ever get off the ground, I'm saving up for a laptop too.

Back